Coronavirus changes that you will continue to adopt ...

Tools    

A funny thing we now have at church. At least it’s funny to me. Holy Water was totally removed from the fonts months ago. But I noticed a while back we now have Holy Water dispensers the same as we have sanitizer dispensers. Leaving aside the fact that I have never managed to extract even a drop of holy water from these dispensers (am I doing it wrong?), it so reminds me of a Fellini movie. One of his movies - Roma - featured a fashion show runway of liturgical garments. It was so absurd & the holy water dispensers strike me the same way.

You ready? You look ready.
I wasn’t thinking about Covid, per se. I don’t drink water from a drinking fountain because people’s mitts & mouths have been all over them. So very yuck. And I never came across a fountain where the water wasn’t pukey warm. Ugh.
It is a God given right to have access to cool potable water. I am a public water connoisseur.*

I’ve had water from a lot of far off places and our public water system has become a joke because of bottled water and bad interactions much like what you’re saying about warm water. I know precisely what you mean.*

I once made the mistake of drinking from a PetSmart fountain and dear Lord to this day that was the nasty worst experience I ever had. I was sooo parched but I learned. To this day I have a standing rule of not using pet store fountains because there are some nasty ass people that will let their dog jump up and drink.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Did they ever line you up in elementary school, so that you could all drink from the fountain?

Remember the kid that would make out it with? Yeah.

Did they ever line you up in elementary school, so that you could all drink from the fountain?

Remember the kid that would make out it with? Yeah.
Where I’m from we call that flavor.

I’ve had water from a lot of far off places and our public water system has become a joke because of bottled water and bad interactions much like what you’re saying about warm water. I know precisely what you mean.*
The very same day there was a N.Y. Times article about drinking fountains. How they are being put off limits now. What’s really icky is returning to an air-conditioned building & the water circulating the building hasn’t been “refreshed” since the start of this pandemic. This is what causes Legionnaire’s disease. So gross.

Indeed, they have already found legionella in a bunch of public schools after reopening. I mean, sure COVID is bad, but Legionnaire's disease is for real. We know exactly what causes it and how dangerous it is...yet we're OK with putting ourselves at risk to maybe/kinda/not really do anything to protect from COVID. Like I said...lack of sense.

And if we really want to crunch numbers this is straight from CDC's website.

"About 1 out of every 10 people who gets sick with Legionnaires' disease will die due to complications from their illness. For those who get Legionnaires' disease during a stay in a healthcare facility, about 1 out of every 4 will die."
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

im supposed to travel to brazil but i have to delay it because of the corona virus

im supposed to travel to brazil but i have to delay it because of the corona virus
Heck, no, wise decision. Nobody should go to Brazil right now.

I think some things that we now consider temporary will become permanent in 2021. Minimally-occupied office buildings, for example, will be the norm. Where I live there are huge empty parking lots. The companies are still working, but whatever staff is in the building now parks exclusively in indoor parking. I don’t see this changing next year.

Especially in a big city like NYC, this has a huge adverse impact on neighboring businesses that feed off office workers. Restaurants, bars, shoe repairers, dry cleaners, newsstands, beauty parlors, nail salons, etc., etc.

The companies are still working, but whatever staff is in the building now parks exclusively in indoor parking
Umm wouldn't it be safer virus wise to park outdoors in the fresh air... Or did i read that wrong.

Umm wouldn't it be safer virus wise to park outdoors in the fresh air... Or did i read that wrong.
I knew I would mess that up. I meant in a covered parking lot rather than uncovered. Covered, but it’s still open to the air. Where the bigwigs used to park, but now any employee can park there.

Yeah I think the outdoor parking is safer. Although not so good for rains.

Yeah I think the outdoor parking is safer. Although not so good for rains.
Outdoor parking lots are closed. No sense to park outside if there is space inside. And it eliminates the need for a security guard.

You’re the disease, and I’m the cure.
Working out every morning. It helps wake me up usually

Try not to bulk cook. But I say that now, can't say I will be doing it when the offices open.