Do You Love Yourself?

Tools    

Do You Love Yourself?

It depends on my mood. Somedays, I feel good about who I am, and on other days I wish I was someone else.

Overall, I think I could have done more in the past to be a better person today.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Overall, I think I could have done more in the past to be a better person today.
You're saying if you had done more things to be proud of in the past, you'd be a better person today?

I don't think I could ever be the kind of person who "loves being me".

I'm very self-critical.
Fascinating. And you live with this just fine?

this question reminds me of the last scene from On Stranger Tides,
even though that movie is average

Angelica says to Jack,
"Wait, there is something i want to say to you... something i wanted to say, from the moment we first met..."
Jack "Go on then" starts nicely, from 1:02 mark

"I *love* you "
"As do I, Always have, Always will......... I gotta go"

best bit of the movie

Fascinating. And you live with this just fine?
I judge myself harshly by my own standards, not any elses. From my perspective, I'm pretty unremarkable. Saying "I love myself" would sound conceited and I've done more than enough things I can't forgive myself for to already have a pretty low opinion of myself.

As to how I live like that, I live in a lot of ways that most people would sooner give up on than consider.

Omni, what kind of harsh judgments about yourself do you make? If you can give me an example.

Do these judgments help you? Are you always looking to improve yourself more than the average person? Are you a perfectionist?

I do my thing and I say whatever I want... If you don't like me it's ok.

Best Quote ever.

I am who I am and I like myself.

I do my thing and I say whatever I want... If you don't like me it's ok.

Best Quote ever.
You shouldn't be taking advice about happiness from a dude that blew his own head off.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Like others have said, some day's i feel good and other day's feel ******.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

Omni, what kind of harsh judgments about yourself do you make? If you can give me an example.
Without getting too personal, I just get frustrated with myself when I make mistakes, like if I plan something out carefully, but I forget something that throws the whole plan outta whack. I don't like to shove off blame or make excuses, I know better and it gets to me when I can't be better. I think it's important to ask questions, and I frequently second-guess myself.

A pretty reliable example would be virtually any time I try to draw something. I have the mental image in my head down to the details, but I have significant difficulty putting it to paper without making what appear to me to be glaring mistakes. I'll typically scribble it all out in frustration and start all over several times in attempt to find the right track while doing my best to compromise between unforgivable mistakes and forgivable mistakes. Even when I do, it'll still take me many many hours (my current avatar is no exception). I envy people who seem to be able to articulate themselves well the first time every time.

It's not dissimilar from my posting habits. I do a lot of editing. What few typos you may still see in my posts I'm almost certainly aware of and intentionally trying not to think about.

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity
Do these judgments help you? Are you always looking to improve yourself more than the average person?
Maybe literally so, but I'm not gauging myself against anyone else even if others may influence my idea of what I should aspire to.

I do feel that I can improve myself, and I've made numerous risky changes to that end, which I suppose is why I end up being a pretty unconventional person without much opinion of myself. I guess that's how you get modesty? Is it even modest to call yourself modest? I don't know, but I do know that humility goes a long way with me.

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity
Are you a perfectionist?
Kinda. My floor and desk are usually a total mess. Probably because those things are always in transition. Stuff that sits around I really do try to keep neat and organized (it's a constant battle on my desktop).

I think I'm worse when it comes to video games because they're so complex and it's easy to suboptimize. But that depends too.