Soundtracks Better than the Films

Tools    

I'd have to say my all time favorite soundtrack is that of The Devil's Carnival. I've only watched the movie once, but I've listened to my favorite songs from the OST over a dozen times.
I also love the two-disc soundtrack for Alone in the Dark, a movie which I don't even have in my collection. This soundtrack was what introduced me to underground metal bands like Mnemic, Exodus, and Nightwish.

Are there any soundtracks that you like more than the actual movies?

Wonder Boys and She's the One.

Didn't care for either movie, but love the soundtrack. Also I haven't seen the film, but I suspect Elizabethtown would fall into the same category.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
underground metal bands

Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Hey, they don't play on the radio in my area, so I consider them underground
As for being a metal band, I'm referring to when they still had Tarja and Marco singing.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Pretty much every Michael Bay film.
Whether it's temp, source or structure, he always gets a good soundtrack.
Armageddon definitely overshadowed by Aerosmith's "I don't want to miss a thing".

Hey, they don't play on the radio in my area, so I consider them underground
They don't play Epica on the radio here, but I don't think it's underground. Wait, I don't listen to radio, so how do I know they don't?!

On the Last FM music site:

http://www.lastfm.com.br/music/Nightwish?ac=nigh

Nightwish has a massive 105.718.389 scrobbles (number of recorded listens of songs). For comparison, Elvis Presley has 49.238.793 scrobbles. Judas Priest has 42.831.199 scrobbles. Ozzy Osbourne has 35.401.533 scrobbles. Nighwish is quite a mainstream band. They are more popular now than many artists who sold many millions of copies.

Exodus is more underground, has 8.756.157 scrobbles.

But my current favorite band, Virgin Steele, is a truly underground band, with only 1.664.381 scrobbles. Iron Savior also is an underground band, with 1.683.943 scrobbles. Another underground band is Manilla road with 1.133.247 scrobbles.

Wait, I don't listen to radio, so how do I know they don't?!
Apparently because you listen to the radio

They don't play Epica on the radio here, but I don't think it's underground. Wait, I don't listen to radio, so how do I know they don't?!
Heavy Metal is underground in the US. Even stuff like Judas Priest, Iron Maiden are underground in the US.

Manilla road with 1.133.247 scrobbles.
1kk scrobbles and you call it underground? A lot of the bands I am listening to lately has less than 200k scrobbles, yet I wouldn't call them underground. Maybe below 2k.

These soundtracks were far better than their respective films:

The Lost World Of Jurassic Park
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
The Life of David Gale

No they are not. Take my word for it.
I was a little confused by that statement myself. Disturbed is pretty mainstream, and despite what some try to say they are metal.

Ooh, I just thought of another great answer to this thread. Suspiria, and most other Italian horror films, have some of the best soundtracks. I like the theme for Suspiria way more than the movie.