The FUNNIEST performance in a film (any type of film)?

Tools    

On the outside looking in.
He was great, but,

> Sellers

George C. Scott is hilarious in STRANGELOVE, but Sellers is just...brilliant.

*resurrects thread* I'm ashamed in you people.

When I saw this I was stumped. Really difficult to call to mind a specific favourite.

My own personal favourite has to be Patrick Bateman in American Psycho. Basically everything he says or does in the film makes me literally laugh my head off.
He's so brilliant in that film – I saw it again a few months ago.

The one character that came to me after a couple of seconds was Don Logan in Sexy Beast. I saw Ray Winstone recently saying that initially they wanted him to play Don and he was more interested in the role he eventually played so perfectly. He also showed the script to Gary Oldman who wasn't keen and so they ended up with Ben Kingsley. What a find.

I thought kevin Kline was ridiculously hysterical as Otto in A Fish Called Wanda.
He was brilliant. Was this where the 'American-friendly' sweary British film started I wonder? It was before Richard Curtis started anyway.

Nicolas Cage in Bad Lieutenant

Rob Corddry in Hot Tub Machine

When I think funny, the first thing that pops in to my mind is Jim Carey is so many movies. Bruce Almighty, Liar Liar, Ace Ventura, Dumb and Dumber. I won't mind if I die laughing at Llyod's antics in Dumb and Dumber.

Britney Spears trying act in Crossroads.
Mariah Carey trying to act in Glitter.
Justin Timberlake trying to act.
Justing Beiieber trying to act innocent.

All made me laugh till I puked...

As for the genuine question...

My favourite would be Steve Carell in Anchorman: The Legend Of Ron Burgundy, he steals the show when on screen.
He was good in Bruce Almighty too, though Evan Almighty was a pile of tosh.
dont try it,britney was good.

I think thats difficukt,Hot Fuzz is the only comedy thats had me laughing out loud-but that wasnt just one performance,nor just the performance but the whole set up.

I thought Rob Schneider was funny in the hot chick but it can be a bit too much aswell.

George C. Scott is hilarious in STRANGELOVE, but Sellers is just...brilliant.
Agreed...Sellers should have won the Oscar for lead actor and I could have gotten behind Scott for supporting actor.