MoFo Fantasy Football 2020 - Regular Season

Tools    

How am I supposed to know what he's thinking? Why do you think you do? Look man. Nobody is accusing you of cheating as far as I can tell. But you are incredibly successful at this game so why do you even care what Raul thinks?

You know what? I'm gonna ask Adam to cancel the trade. Technically it's up to him, but from my end it's just not worth all the grumbling and undermining. Really sucks the fun out of something I look forward to all year.

There's always plenty of hot takes from guys who didn't put themselves in the other owner's shoes, or who somehow still don't see how valuable startable skill players are in a 14-team format. Maybe it's easier to complain than do that work. That's my unfair advantage: I try really hard to get depth and then I try really hard to figure out what people need. Borderline cheating, really.

Wanna hear something funny? In 2017 I had a pretty good team, and I had some deals like this lined up...but I flinched, because I knew people would complain. So I deliberately refused to make any significant trades (in one case they were trying to talk me into it, even), because I wanted to win anyway, to prove a point. And it worked.

Guess it didn't really matter, though.

How am I supposed to know what he's thinking? Why do you think you do?
Wait, how are we trying to "know what he's thinking"? His post is criticism about this specific trade. How, therefore, is it not about me? That doesn't make sense.

But you are incredibly successful at this game so why do you even care what Raul thinks?
Because this is a game I play with friends for fun, primarily. It's not fun at all to try hard, do well, and then have people imply it's unfair, over and over again.

Let the night air cool you off
By the way, it's frustrating and annoying that the best team keeps getting better. It doesn't mean that you should cancel your trades because of it. It just reminds me of the NBA when teams keep trading the Warriors and making them even better. And frustrating and annoying isn't unfair or cheating or anything like that. You drafted well and you turn those picks into other players.

I've done a few deals with you in the past. Don't have any complaints that I can remember. Dont really have a problem with this one. But, Again... Who cares what anybody else thinks? I say give em a thumbs up and keep on winning. If people really think you've somehow got the league slanted in your favor everyone would leave. Instead its got a pretty high retention rate of owners from year to year. If, (when) I figure out how to manage this thing as well as you don't think I won't be doing the same things. I'm not even going to give away all my secrets like you just did. Thank you for that by the way. I am definitely taking notes. So F*ck em. Keep em guessing.

The trick is not minding
Also, Earlier Yoda made an offer for a certain player of mine and I was all like
“Silly mortal. You want this player you’ll have to give up this player for him.”
And he was all like “I have to think about this my lord.”
And I was like “don’t take too long or I’ll require an even greater sacrifice!” Mwahaha!”
And he balked.
True story

By the way, it's frustrating and annoying that the best team keeps getting better. It doesn't mean that you should cancel your trades because of it. It just reminds me of the NBA when teams keep trading the Warriors and making them even better. And frustrating and annoying isn't unfair or cheating or anything like that. You drafted well and you turn those picks into other players.
This.

If people don't like the trade, they can vote against it. I didn't, nor do I think people should, as the trade isn't so lopsided to be unfair, even if I think Yoda is the clear "winner." As I pointed out, I've been wrong about such trades in the past, and very well might be wrong about this one.

It would be nice if the people on the other half of these trades would come on here and explain their reasoning for accepting such offers. (Or at least tell us what type of gun Yoda points at them during negotiations. )

This league has taken priority over my other league, even though that one consists of longtime friends, simply due to the high degree of difficulty that this league offers. Playing against an elite competitor like Yoda and his all-star ensembles only adds to the challenge. It's like beating the Canton Greats on All-Madden difficulty. The sense of accomplishment is much higher.

When I see that Yoda has added Derrick Henry to his already undefeated roster, I bitch and complain, then I tighten my chinstrap for the inevitable beating I'm going to take against him in my 5th-straight championship appearance.

The trick is not minding
Nobody wants "Sunshine" Minshew.
Posh posh!
Nobody wants a QB capable of putting up 20-30 points a game? I find that hard to believe.
Especially looking at a few rosters here.

According to reports, Minshew's on the verge of getting benched. The Jags want to be as bad as possible in the hopes of landing Trevor Lawrence.

Another thing I've been meaning to bitch about: How the hell did we allow @Hey Fredrick to land Dalvin Cook and Aaron Jones in the draft?

The trick is not minding
According to reports, Minshew's on the verge of getting benched. The Jags want to be as bad as possible in the hopes of landing Trevor Lawrence.
This is what I get for not keeping up with such things. When did this start going around?

This is what I get for not keeping up with such things. When did this start going around?
A few days ago. Google his name and you'll find multiple reports.

I highly recommend bookmarking the website Rotoworld to keep up with the latest players news. I visit that site obsessively during this time of year.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
It's kind of lame to offer this drive-by criticism. Like, honestly, without looking, do you have a sense of Jefferson's breakout? Do you buy it, and if not, why not? And is it your position that it's unreasonable to believe in it? Et cetera.

I think sometimes people don't ask themselves whether it improves the other team, or contains reasonable expectations, or (usually) involves a reasonable risk-reward for a team that needs upside. They just sort of make snap judgments and figure out which side they'd prefer in a vacuum, even though that's not how decisions are made in reality.
Jefferson will be good, but I'd say more around 20 than his current 6 when all is said and done.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Wait, how are we trying to "know what he's thinking"? His post is criticism about this specific trade. How, therefore, is it not about me? That doesn't make sense.

Because this is a game I play with friends for fun, primarily. It's not fun at all to try hard, do well, and then have people imply it's unfair, over and over again.
It's not unfair, because they are willingly being stupid enough to do these deals. Lol. I'm just saying deals like this wouldn't happen in other leagues I'm in.

It's not unfair, because they are willingly being stupid enough to do these deals. Lol. I'm just saying deals like this wouldn't happen in other leagues I'm in.
Your input wouldn't be aggravating if you participated in the thread other than criticizing with your typical 2 sentence at most post. You would be aggravated too if Yodas posts were commentary on your team mismanaging and indifference to showing up for drafts. Chris is nice, patient, but human. Be more of a contributor in the thread and league and less of an irritant. Articulation is a good thing Rauld Just my 2 cents.