Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Close-up
(1990)

An unique masterpiece of its kind; an excellent docu-drama that depicts the story of the real-life trial of a man who impersonated a popular film-maker and conning a family into believing they would star in his new film. A very moving tale about human identity and a cinephile's 'crime' of passion.

Only
?!

I saw 3 movies last weekend:

Batman v Superman: 9.5/10
Ki & Ka: 8/10
Kung Fu Panda 3: 9.5/10

True Story (2015)

Care for some gopher?
Escape from the Planet of the Apes (Don Taylor, 1971) -
+

I really like the idea of turning the first around and exploring how the apes became the superior species.

Swung (2015)

Europa '51 (1952)

Harvey (1950)

Come Back, Little Sheba (1952)

Anomalisa (2015)
A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

Thane of Glamis, Thane of Cawdor, & King Hereafter
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: Sword of Destiny - 9/10 - Not as good as the original film, but definitely a wonderful sequel to it!

the Conjuring 9/10

I have to return some videotapes...
Blue Jasmine (2013) -
++

Woody Allen crafts a dramatic film riddled with great performances from most of the cast. Some of the side stories were lacking and the ending was a tad predictable, especially if you have seen Allen's recent films. Nonetheless, still a very intriguing character study.

Narc (2002)

Maybe one too many plot twists and flashbacks, but it's the best episode of Law & Order ever made. A masculine character study with a vulnerable heart. Carnahan doesn't want you to praise the violence that defines the dingy underground of narcotics work, he wants you to feel it's weight. When a character is desensitized by it, as most audiences are, we notice that. While holding the momentum of an investigation, there is still time and patience for a silent marital fight. The final reveal isn't just stage magic, but a plunge back into consequences and regret.

http://boxd.it/9ggmP

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
The Blue Dahlia - 9/10

Very slick movie with slick dialogue. I thought I was tired of mysteries and noir, but this one was a great one. Even the humor is in the details. Some amazing writing. If the acting was great, I'd have given it a 10, though there were some good performances, but not by the main actors.

Inside Man (2006)

Heist movie with a twist. Spike Lee did a good job with this one. I think he's a bit of a twat, but hey, credit where credit is due. Great visual New Yorky vibe, with a solid cast. I had some problems with the plot, which was a little too slick, and fluffed off a few things, but if you can get over that, it's pretty enjoyable overall.

I give 4 transit cops out of 5.
Hated this movie with a white passion.

Greatest reviewer alive

I had a complete review laid out, but my IPad decides to stop working sometimes and now it's gone. The movies great, and bloody. B+

Rififi (1955)

From the top 100 Noirs, and I think it would be my favorite so far. I'll just look at it as one of the best crime films I've seen. A fantastic film in every way, at one point it went about a half hour with no dialogue. Not many movies can pull that off.

Rififi (1955)

From the top 100 Noirs, and I think it would be my favorite so far. I'll just look at it as one of the best crime films I've seen. A fantastic film in every way, at one point it went about a half hour with no dialogue. Not many movies can pull that off.

I didn't like it nearly as much as you but that break in scene was tremendous. Really made the film for me.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Rififi (1955)

Thanks, that's better.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
It's not technically the last movie I saw, but since I haven't been on here lately I have to say something about Me, Earl and the Dying Girl. I'm such a sucker for a good coming of age Indie film, but unfortunately you have to do a lot of seperating the wheat from the chaff in that particular genre. Dying Girl was one of the best I've seen in along time. Humorous and real (unlike the unfortunately pretentious Perks of Being a Wallflower it's one of the few movies that doesn't render quirky and annoying to have the same definition.

A ps I want to start a review thread when I get my feet planted firmly here again and I will give it a much more in depth review there.

Welcome to the human race...
The Wolf of Wall Street -

The fact that this was an edited-for-TV version only made it funnier.