Miss Vicky's Movie Commentaries

→ in
Tools    

BTW: The next movie we watch together better not contain - or even hint at - rape because you've got some f*cked up ideas about it.

Jenny pisses me off. She's always flitting around with a new man or a new group of men. Big old slut.
Don't knock sluts. God bless 'em.
It doesn't have to be big to hurt like hell when it's lodged in your ass cheek.
Were you tempted not to add that last word? I don't think I could've resisted.
The song bothered me when he kept saying, "She gets high! She gets high!" That was the reason I couldn't nominate it. Something about that.
If you'd nominated the studio version, it would've been "She gets". The original lyric is "She gets high", but it's only heard on live tracks.
Jenny is, to me, this movie's only fatal flow. On one hand, she's good for the movie.
Fatal flow? Like a flood? Or a killer period.

And the fact that she makes people fear that she gave Forrest HIV... urgh.
Who cares? It's not real. Keep repeating, "It's only a movie"

**** like Dan's talking about is a big reason I'm an atheist.
My big reason for being an atheist is that there is no God. Otherwise, I wouldn't be, regardless of how annoying they are.
But I'm just saying -- as horrible as it might be, I'd rather have seen Jenny trapped in that house for all of her life than out in the world with a bunch of abusive men, catching HIV.

Her dad didn't have HIV.
Y'know, it was actually painful reading this sometimes. I felt your pain, MV. That said, for most of the rest of the stuff like this I was somewhere between and .

But she's still gonna die!
We're all going to die.
It's like this movie has a theme of showing that Forrest is stupid, you know?
If you're just getting this, you may not be too far ahead of him, you know.

I really enjoyed this commentary. I think it was because I know the film so well, so could always visualise where you were. Either way, thanks.

I must say I resent this comment as I never said I had f*cked up ideas about rape. I merely made some comical, throwaway observations while watching two movies that happened to have some rape issues in them. And not every movie that has rape issues would cause me to make such observations and comments. Your accusation paints me very negatively and spoils the hope that future commentaries with you would be enjoyable. At this time, I feel that our commentaries together must cease as there is now a risk that both of us would wind up upset.
Is this just banter? If not, then I advise you never to consider a career in politics.

I must say I resent this comment as I never said I had f*cked up ideas about rape.
No, you just expressed those ideas.

I merely made some comical, throwaway observations while watching two movies that happened to have some rape issues in them.
There is absolutely nothing "comical" or "throwaway" about saying that it's understandable to kidnap and gang rape somebody in the context of war or in saying that a girl should stay with her sexually abusive father because that's somehow better than living in a trailer and/or ending up with HIV. And if you find comedy in either situation, there truly is something wrong with you.

Your accusation paints me very negatively and spoils the hope that future commentaries with you would be enjoyable. At this time, I feel that our commentaries together must cease as there is now a risk that both of us would wind up upset.
I'm not making accusations but rather observations. If you can't control your urge to make such repulsive and detestable comments while watching films with such sensitive content, then absolutely I agree we shouldn't do more commentaries.