Jurassic World Sequel (Official Title TBA)

Tools    

Release date: June 22, 2018
Studio: Universal Pictures
Director: Colin Trevorrow
Producer: Frank Marshall
Executive Producer: Colin Trevorrow, Steven Spielberg
Screenwriters: Colin Trevorrow, Derek Connolly
Starring: Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard (So far)

Universal has announced that the Jurassic World sequel will open on June 22, 2018, and that Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard will reprise their roles. The studio has also announced that Jurassic World director Colin Trevorrow, who previously said he wouldn’t return to direct the sequel, will be coming back to pen the script with Jurassic World co-writer Derek Connolly. Additionally, Frank Marshall is returning to produce and Trevorrow will executive produce alongside Steven Spielberg.

For those who haven’t seen Jurassic World, it is now the third highest-grossing film of all-time,

Here’s the press release:

Executive producer Steven Spielberg and stars Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard return for Universal Pictures and Amblin Entertainment’s JURASSIC WORLD SEQUEL, a follow-up to one of the biggest blockbusters in the history of cinema. Producer Frank Marshall once again joins Spielberg in leading the team of filmmakers for the next chapter in the franchise. The film will be written by Jurassic World’s director, Colin Trevorrow, and Derek Connolly. Spielberg will be joined by Trevorrow as executive producer.

Source: Collider

Dr. Wu (B.D. Wong) took the plans in the helicopter and could take those to create more deadlier and more evil creatures. Plus even bring them to other locations, and not just specifically making a theme park. Just unleashing the creatures and wreaking havoc. Which would make the film even more horrific.

Dr. Wu (B.D. Wong) took the plans in the helicopter and could take those to create more deadlier and more evil creatures. Plus even bring them to other locations, and not just specifically making a theme park. Just unleashing the creatures and wreaking havoc. Which would make the film even more horrific.
that IS one of my concerns, it just seems......far fetched.

I'm kind of surprised they're waiting this long, actually. Most of the blockbuster sequels these days get cranked out in 2 years, but they're taking 3. Hopefully this makes a better product? Jurassic World was fun, even if it wasn't especially good, but I liked it a lot more than the other billion dollar films this year (Avengers, Furious 7, and eventually Minions).

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Just watched Jurassic World like 10 mins ago. Pretty good I must say even if it all feels like it's a repeat of what came before, albeit quite well done though.

I'm sure a sequel would likely suck though. I bet it won't be about the island though, obviously following the Chinese doctor and his mischief.

it's my favorite sequel/prequel from the original Jurrasic Park movie so I look forward for the next one !

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Jurassic World vs Sharknado

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Looking forward to this but i don't really know where they can take it.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

Looking forward to this but i don't really know where they can take it.

Juan Antonio Bayona, the award winning director behind The Impossible and The Orphanage is now directing as Colin Trevorrow is now busy with Star Wars Episode 9.

Release is still June 2018.

Bayona has confirmed as well, that the Jurassic World title will be a trilogy like Jurassic Park was. Shooting for JW2 is to start in February 2017.
The outline for the story has also been near finished for both JW2 and 3.

Welcome to the human race...
Bayona has confirmed as well, that the Jurassic World title will be a trilogy like Jurassic Park was.
Considering what the second and third Jurassic Park movies were like, that is hardly encouraging, and that's without factoring in how Jurassic World isn't even half as good as the original.