Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

The Secret in their eyes. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1305806/

This is a very good movie. 8/10 I loved the directing. The shot of the soccer stadium was stupendous as the angle lead up to the leading actor. Also, the position of the roses on Irene's desk and how they are in each frame is a great touch in that scene.

Tree of Life
I'm speechless... wow. Absolute masterpiece and one of the greatest movies I've ever seen, no kidding. Not for everyone's tastes (like the rest of Malick's films), but for me, geez, this was so good that it hurts.
5/5

Masculin, Feminin (1966) -

When I say "I want to see an unpretentious Godard film", this is what I mean.

Adaptation. (2002) -

Good, but Charlie Kaufman still isn't my thing.

God help me, Thor: The Dark World. Thor looks good, fights a lot of critters while big things go crash and boom. Dark Elves, Asgard, Odin, lots of hair and armor and the snide smirk of Loki had to be endured without the additional horror of 3D (in the theater I went to). When I left the 7 PM show, I assumed that it must be at least 11 PM, but was shocked to find out that the movie was only about 2 hours. I did actually enjoy it since I was in the mood for a brainless FX extravaganza and I certainly did get THAT. Suffice to say, I don't think that I now know anything about Norse mythology that I didn't know going in. If you like this sort of thing, you could do worse.

Let the night air cool you off
Yup. In case you're at all interested, Méliès' Le Manoir du Diable (The House of the Devil, 1896) is the oft-cited "start" of cinematic horror.

I love this short.

Lord High Filmquisitor
I've actually been pretty aggressive on the movie feont lately.

Gravity is, thus far, the best directed movie that I've seen fromt his year (also featuring the best actress' preformance thus far). It was visually spectacular, especially wih the dibris storms and atmospheric reentry. 8.5/10

Dr. No was good, though a little disappointing on the Bond front. Still, the plot was followable (sometimes a stretch for spy movies) and everyhing ranged from average to good. 7/10

Summer Wars really holds up on the rewatch. I still maintain that it would have been far better as a series, giving time to develop and expand upon such a rich and wide cast of charactwrs. 7.5/10

Airborne was a pretty messy horror flick that tried to do way too many different things without any real focus. It was a pretty convoluted mess. 3.5/10

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
I saw Insidious 2, rating : 6.5/10

Unregistered User

The man who shot Liberty Valance

Brilliant film, its right up there with my favourite Westerns (not that ive seen that many). Excellent cast and great performances

9/10

A hidden gem from my hometown. The director has a unique style and uses it to the fullest in this film. The ending is simple but great too.

The man who shot Liberty Valance

Brilliant film, its right up there with my favourite Westerns (not that ive seen that many). Excellent cast and great performances

9/10
My 2nd favourite Ford film right there.

Did they mop this floor with Dr. Pepper?!

Quills (Philip Kaufman, 2000)

I quite enjoyed this movie!

Oldboy (Chan-wook Park, 2003)

I'm not sure whether I liked Oldboy or Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance better. I'll finish off the trilogy next Monday evening.

(+)

Dazed and Confused.

Ive never been a fan of McConnaughy but last 2 ive watched with him are this and Killer Joe and he's been brilliant. Also, kudos for a great soundtrack!!

8/10
I also loved Killer Joe and have suddenly become a fan of Matthew McConaughey-I never thought that would happen.

Yeah, over the air TV gives access to films long forgotten!

4/10

Just a doppey film yet what they got the dog Benji to do was facinating. Benji was actually a better actor than Chevy Chase. Very young Jane Seymour was an amazing beauty.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave

Chronicle
. Awesome popcorn flick. Very entertaining and for once I have to say the found-footage style actually benefited the movie. This is legitimately one of the better superhero films I've seen.If you guys are looking for a entertaining,satisfying action sci-fi flick this is damn good choice.
Loved this film when I saw it in the cinema. Found it to be a real blast. I actually need to give it a rewatch to see if it could possibly sneak onto my top 100 list or not.

Take Shelter 3/4

Very slow paced but I was never bored. Great performances from Michael Shannon and Jessica Chastain.
Glad you liked it. I thought it was a great film. Great atmosphere and performances.