Halo (2009)

Tools    

Halo is, contrary to popular belief, STILL in production as a movie, with good ol' Peter Jackson directing. Its release date was just pushed back is all.

Any thoughts/comments on this? That's about all I know about the upcoming film, does anyone else know more?

~Gabriel~

Actually, I believe Jackson is producing, not directing. And there is, sorry to say, a sizable difference between the two.

Anyway, it's still good news for the project. But really, I don't see how anyone can be that excited. Video game movies never have anything about them -- other than a few names and vague concepts -- which really tie them to the source material. In the case of Halo, sure, there's a bit more story involved than in your average game, but I really don't see much reason for fans of games to be especially excited by these sorts of adaptations.

In the Beginning...
But really, I don't see how anyone can be that excited. Video game movies never have anything about them -- other than a few names and vague concepts -- which really tie them to the source material. In the case of Halo, sure, there's a bit more story involved than in your average game, but I really don't see much reason for fans of games to be especially excited by these sorts of adaptations.
Although recent rumors suggest that it has been thrown out entirely, Microsoft actually paid Alex Garland $1 million to pen the screenplay, which was later sold to Universal for ten times that amount. The fact that Garland, a competent and stylish writer in his own right (28 Days Later, Sunshine), was tapped is more than enough to get me excited, coupled with Microsoft's investment and the involvement of Peter Jackson and WETA. I'm not sure that any other video game-to-film production can boast such noteworthy support. I'm not saying this involvement will equal success, of course, but you have to agree it's a step in the right direction (and that's an exciting thought).

And just for fun, here's a recent video of a few Bungie slaves getting the chance to drive a working production replica of the venerated USNC Warthog outside WETA studios:

An image of the Warthog for the uninitiated:
http://blog.wired.com/photos/uncateg...03/27/wart.jpg

Well they've officially called this movie dead now, so looks like no Halo movie.

http://joblo.com/index.php?id=18062

The Reaping 7/10
Transformers 8.5/10
Flight of the Living Dead 6/10
The Invisible 6/10
Return to House on Haunted Hill 1/10
Planet Terror 8/10
A Mighty Heart 7/10

boohooooo

Im quite glad its actually dead now. This movie would not interest me at all.

it would interest me..

I'm not sure if it's going to be success...still too early.

However, from what I saw, it has potential since Halo could actually be pulled off with human actors, rather than 3D animations unlike other game movies.

I actually believe the movie is on hold now and will continue later... especially after the success of halo 3, awesome game btw. but the director is/was supposed to be Niel blomkamp who is a short movie director of some success, this would've been his first major motion picture. regardless of whether the movie is on or not, Niel, with the aid of WETA make a series of shorts set in the halo universe (with a real working wharthog, how cool is that?), and when they were finished were put together. and here it is
(takes place before halo 3) remove the space

game trailers.com/player/27234.html

I've heard that Halo Movie had too big of a budget and was offically dead. However, on IMDB they said that it's still in production. It sounds like it's based off the first Halo (Or the first Halo novel). But may it's on hold and even if it's dead there is still a WoW movie coming out in 2009 for all you WoW lovers out there.

what the hell?