Iron Man 3

→ in
Tools    

The best part about this movie was the ending credits. Not only because it signified the end of the film, but also because it was the only artistic part. It had potential in the beginning and some of the situations were aggressively real, but Tony Stark took a ridiculous amount of damage and miraculously survived some highly unbelievable situations as well. One thing that made the original Iron Man and The Hulk great was the connection to reality they kept. Tony Stark should have died in various situations in this film, he survives overkill somehow. In the Thor movies, that was ok, because Thor is an Alien. Tony Stark however is human. This was really an unneeded portion in the Iron Man series. We don't need to know Tony Stark is having anxiety attacks.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
The best part about this movie was the ending credits. Not only because it signified the end of the film, but also because it was the only artistic part. It had potential in the beginning and some of the situations were aggressively real, but Tony Stark took a ridiculous amount of damage and miraculously survived some highly unbelievable situations as well. One thing that made the original Iron Man and The Hulk great was the connection to reality they kept. Tony Stark should have died in various situations in this film, he survives overkill somehow. In the Thor movies, that was ok, because Thor is an Alien. Tony Stark however is human. This was really an unneeded portion in the Iron Man series. We don't need to know Tony Stark is having anxiety attacks.
Whaaaaaaaaaaat?I mean this movie was not epic but it was good!How do you mean we don't need to know that Tony is having anxiety attacks? Ofc we need to know,what is point of whole Marvel universe if one movie has nothing with the others,Tony is mentally damaged after events of Avengers they can't ignore what he did and what he saw.Ummmm,you find Thor,Hulk,Loki,alien invasion,ships with wings realistic but you have problem with Tony surviving?I didn't find this movie hard to believe.These are MARVEL's movies what was ever realistic about them????You found Iron Man1 realistic?Cmon man...If you want to make it realistic do what Nolan did to DK but in this whole Marvel universe there is nothing realistic,maybe Captain America but maybe...Can't believe you went to Iron Man movie and complain it was unreal...This was good movie,I enjoyed it ,everything was fine,8-10 easy.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Iron Man 3 was simply awful, the previous one was equally bad.

They tried to go for an existentialist story, I am pretty sure they thought it would be a fresh take on Superhero films.
Yea but that is not the point,I thought it was ok for 3 installment because we know 3 is kinda hard to make,its not the point in my or your opinion on the movie,his main problem was that movie is not realistic...That is just lame...

I don't think Realism was an issue for me, I hate it when they chase Realism for these kind of films & ultimately it is only the visual style that remains Realistic which I believe is achieved by real-life issues & scenarios thrown in (Like in the first film). How can anyone expect realism here?

But I love the Mandarin angle to this film, Ben Kingsley was the best part of the film.
I hated the film cos I didn't find Stark's crisis anything interesting & sort of repetitive from the first 2 films.

Iron man comics have some stories, I remember reading one where Ironman gets caught up in a civil war, where he fails to save a female freedom fighter & it haunts him. I would love to see that get adapted.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
I really am quite surprised by the vast split this film has created amongst viewers. Personally I absolutely loved it. I definitely need to give it a rewatch to see how the film, and in particular the twist hold up but on first viewing it was probably my favourite film of last year and a top 5 entry in the superhero genre.

Iron Man 3 was not awful by any means. It was good. A solid 7/10. It just wasn't quite up to the Marvel standard. RDJ performance reminded me of Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, which was probably down to Shane Black's direction. Thing is, the movie was designed to show a vulnerable side to the confident arrogant Tony Stark. Yeah, he avoided close death, but you'd be complaining if he only got a scratch and survived, right? The guy had metal cutting into his heart for two movies, then left this dimension and luckily fell back through the portal at the last second...if he didn't nearly die in IM3 you'd be whinging then also. therefore - not a valid argument. I think the whole film was set up to bring about Tony's exit in Age of Ultron anyway. I think it will be his last movie, where things will just become too much for him after everything he's been through. RDJ will be drafted out of the avengers, others will come in, then in a few movies time either he or a new actor will bring back Iron Man. Avengers 5: Iron Man Returns.

When the Mandarin attack him at his house he is not in Iron Man armor and getting thrown around and shot and his house is being blown the F up. Not even a broken bone? Iron Man 2 had this ridiculousness also which kind of ruined it for me. And Miss Pots knows how to use Iron Man suit? and she is a badass shot when she throws that little canister and shoots it to blow it up. I mean I guess she could have been training behind the scenes for awhile, but it just added to the already ridiculous events happening. The Mandarin was scary (at first) and they had a good thing going in the beginning of the film, but it fell apart imo.

4/10

I enjoyed Iron Man 3 for the most part.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

I think part 3 was a big let down from everything I heard from the rumor mill I was expecting so much more than what came out. Plus what they did to sir ben kingsley was horrible. Not love guru horrible, but it is up there.

True, I didn't much care for that twist. Apparently the Mandarin is like Tony Stark's greatest villain or something, and they kind of made it a joke. But I'm certainly not as offended as some other people were.

But I loved the idea of Tony Stark proving himself, essentially to himself.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Iron Man will be part of the Avengers up to Avengers 3, actually, as will Thor and Captain America, who each will only get one more film apiece...

Iron Man 3 was awesome, BTW. Loved the comedic tone, the writing by Shane Black, and Ben Kingsley was my favorite part about it! Can't complain.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Iron Man will be part of the Avengers up to Avengers 3, actually, as will Thor and Captain America, who each will only get one more film apiece...

Iron Man 3 was awesome, BTW. Loved the comedic tone, the writing by Shane Black, and Ben Kingsley was my favorite part about it! Can't complain.
And how do you know this? I think Age of Ultron will be the last time we so RDJ as Iron-Man personally.

And how do you know this? I think Age of Ultron will be the last time we so RDJ as Iron-Man personally.
RDJ is contracted for two more Avengers films, Age of Ultron being one of them.

I pray they lengthen the contract. It'll be so hard to see anyone else as Stark. Marvel will also be looking to move a bigger film in to that early 2016 slot. Don't be surprised if they can swing Thor 3 there with a RDJ Iron Man large cameo. Maybe even Iron Man 4 itself.