Wooley's Horror/Thriller/Sci-Fi/Fantasy Screen-Cap Game

Tools    

Thanks! If I was beating my head hard, now I'm gonna be beating it harder
If it helps, I didn't recognize it either (but like you I knew I'd seen it) and it took a lot of hunting around.

If it helps, I didn't recognize it either (but like you I knew I'd seen it) and it took a lot of hunting around.
Woof, it kinda popped into my head all of a sudden Just sent it in

Woof, it kinda popped into my head all of a sudden Just sent it in
I had that thing where I thought I recognized it (is it spoilers to say a movie that it isn't?), and then even after I confirmed I was wrong, it was all my brain could think of.

I'm having the same problem with at least three others that I know I've seen, but my initial guess was wrong and now I can't bring forward any other possibilities.

Victim of The Night
Yeah, I'm trying to keep it mostly to movies that many have seen, with a few deep-cuts to make it interesting.

Victim of The Night
Well, that round went poorly.
I'll see if I can ease up a bit tomorrow.
Though I thought there were three legitimate softballs in that group and at least 3 more that I thought the hardcore 'crammers had a pretty good shot at.
For example, I thought 17 was just a free point for everybody. I think I actually thought 21 was even lower-hanging fruit as I sought out that shot as it sticks in my head so strongly with that film, which most 'crammers have seen several times. And 23 I figured was a gimme for Horror fans.
Three others there we've talked about a good bit over the years.
And then there's one a bit out of left field and then the one obscure one.
Well, hopefully the next round will go better.

Though I thought there were three legitimate softballs in that group and at least 3 more that I thought the hardcore 'crammers had a pretty good shot at.
For example, I thought 17 was just a free point for everybody. I think I actually thought 21 was even lower-hanging fruit as I sought out that shot as it sticks in my head so strongly with that film, which most 'crammers have seen several times. And 23 I figured was a gimme for Horror fans.
I mean, it's no fun if they are all super easy. You can always throw a clue or two in there at some point.

Having attempted my first quiz last year, I sympathize. It was fascinating to watch people struggle with the big blockbusters while guessing the obscure ones immediately, just as one example. Trying to predict what was easy or hard was pretty much impossible. And yet even when I was trying to be difficult, Tak and Crumb would still guess them all. I think by the end of the quiz they'd both missed only one each. So my advice is to just keep going like you're going.

Having said that, this last round DID have three legitimate softballs for me, it's just not the ones you're referring to.

And to my fellow contestants--- Let the record show that I did not claim any points for the ones that my tween cousin guessed. (He is now tied with Stu at 2 points)

Victim of The Night
I mean, it's no fun if they are all super easy. You can always throw a clue or two in there at some point.
Certainly at the end I will round up all the ones no one's guessed and do a bonus round with hints.

Victim of The Night
Having attempted my first quiz last year, I sympathize. It was fascinating to watch people struggle with the big blockbusters while guessing the obscure ones immediately, just as one example. Trying to predict what was easy or hard was pretty much impossible. And yet even when I was trying to be difficult, Tak and Crumb would still guess them all. I think by the end of the quiz they'd both missed only one each. So my advice is to just keep going like you're going.

Having said that, this last round DID have three legitimate softballs for me, it's just not the ones you're referring to.

And to my fellow contestants--- Let the record show that I did not claim any points for the ones that my tween cousin guessed. (He is now tied with Stu at 2 points)
Oh, I did give you points for those, should I retract them?
Yes to all you described, by the way.
Also, dig the new avatar.

Victim of The Night
Also, I need to know what #18 is, asap
I mean, I could be wrong, but I suspect you do.
It's certainly been one of my favorite movies for a long, long time.

A system of cells interlinked
Also, I need to know what #18 is, asap
I only knew it because that damned thing scared the hell out of me when I was just a wee tot...

Oh, I did give you points for those, should I retract them?
Oh, I wasn't doing the math. I'll leave that decision up to the judges, but I didn't intend to take credit for them.

I mean, I could be wrong, but I suspect you do.
It's certainly been one of my favorite movies for a long, long time.
Well, crud!
I have an idea based on the floating thing but I can't reconcile it with the building in the background. If it's what I think it is I'm going to be embarrassed.

Victim of The Night
Oh, I wasn't doing the math. I'll leave that decision up to the judges, but I didn't intend to take credit for them.
I guess the group can decide, I'm really not sure how to handle that.
I mean, any number of people could have had a friend chime in or whatever so I just gave the points.

I mean, any number of people could have had a friend chime in or whatever so I just gave the points.
He made me feel like an idiot when he guessed them right away, so I was so ashamed of myself I didn't even want the points.

You're assuming we all have friends.

Victim of The Night
He made me feel like an idiot when he guessed them right away, so I was so ashamed of myself I didn't even want the points.
Honestly, I've been kinda shocked 100% of contestants haven't gotten both of those.
Maybe 17 isn't quite as well-known among genre fans as I thought, but I'm surprised, I think of it as a movie most genre fans have seen and it's obviously visually memorable, so...
But 23? Hard to believe Horror fans don't know that one at a glance. We've talked about it in the 'cram like dozens of times.