East Asia Corner

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
The young girl starring in this cool retro-style McDonald’s Japan video is actually 62 years old!

@resopamenic I'm starting to think you may be 60 yourself!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

@resopamenic I'm starting to think you may be 60 yourself!
ow yeah, the classic advantage of being asian, the genetic!

Been in Japan 25+ years and totally rubbish at it. Just dont give a toss about any of it sorry. The culture, the history, the food, the language, the comics, the cartoons, the idol thing, none of it.

OK, maybe just the record stores.

Just a place to live safely and work 3 hours a day and make a living wage. Useless bugger.

On the Korean thing, had a wee lad in one of my English classes, good boy, cheerful and keen yet completely shunned by the other kids in the class. He seemed to have made peace with it. Couldnt work out why he was on the outer. Maybe cos he was a bit chubby? Maybe his character annoyed them (despite him seeming fine to me).

Anyway, broached the subject with one of the others kids mums.

"Oh. He's Korean."

Aha. I see. Which led to this illuminating conversation:

"So he was born in Korea?
"No"
"His parents were born in Korea?"
"No"

Turned out his grandparents were born in Korea.

Why is Japan superior to any other country at pretty much anything? Cause if you work 15 hours a day, one in a thousand people will get something right.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Why is Japan superior to any other country at pretty much anything? Cause if you work 15 hours a day, one in a thousand people will get something right.

The Chinese don't?

The Chinese don't?
It's easy to have several geniuses when the population of your country is almost a fifth of the world's population.

But there are some factors that thwart China. Japan isn't stopped by these, so they achieved some incredible results. As far as art goes, there's no better than Nippon.

The last three posts I made here, including this one, all feature girls (now all grown up!) who had belonged to the musical group Sakura Gakuin (original class) - the same group that gave birth to the group Baby Metal.

But there are some factors that thwart China. Japan isn't stopped by these, so they achieved some incredible results. As far as art goes, there's no better than Nippon.
it's kind of sad some of their prodigious seems sunk into the propagandist scheme, chen kaige, zhang yimou