The Flash Movie

Tools    

The green meany
they need to make a movie of The Flash!i know that there already was a tv series in 1990 but that was Barry Allen. they need to Wally West on the big screen!if you dont know who The Flash is here is a picture. who elsethinks they should do a Flash movie?

Well im not excited about this at all. In the next season of Smallville season 4 starting 9/24 i think is going to have the Flash in it and Lois Lane. If the The Flash makes a good apparence or if they get someone good to play him, i might be interested in the movie if they make one.

Movie Forums Member
THIS IS A MUST MAKE!!!!!! I loved the tv series, never actually read any o' the comics, doh!. I would totally go see this!!

Randomly visiting for now
The Flash is cool but there's so been so many marvel movies recently I don't know if they'd fit him in, another x-men is coming I think and possibly another spiderman (?). Anyway they should make one cause he was one cool superhero.

I caught a few behind the scenes pics of the Smallville episode with Flash. Nothing too exciting though. The TV series was fun to watch, yet as for a motion picture???? I am with Zzat with ....I am not that excited with this one.

Flash is a an awsome comic book character and i think he deserves his own movie.

i mean hell Fantastic Four is getting one so why shouldn't he???

Kyle Gallner was a pretty good young Barry Allen "Flash", but what about a Wally West "Flash"?

David S. Goyer takes on The Flash and would love to use Ryan [Reynolds] as Wally West/The Flash

I've never liked The Flash as a character. Like Aquaman, I find his powers to be too specialized, and consequently his adventures dull and repetitive. He never had any decent villians of his own either.

I can't believe the folks over at D.C. are putting any time or money into seriously developing a feature film project based on The Flash. Captain Marvel, The Martian Manhunter and Green Lantern would all be better choices. But let's be realistic: they can't even get their Superman ***** together. I expect the upcoming Hellblazer flick to underperform and disappoint (frippin' Keanu Reeves?!?! Excellent choice, Dudes). Wonder Woman will be brought to life LONG before The Flash. And rightly so.

D.C. has to face facts: The Marvel universe is much more rich, and their flawed characters translate much better to the big screen. After the good Hellboy adaptation this year and the likely-to-be-amazing Sin City coming in 2005, they have to understand that even if Nolan's Batman brings that franchise back to life that D.C. will be sitting in third place, movie-wise, behind Marvel and Dark Horse. The Flash is definitely not the way to make up ground (a great Superman flick is their only hope).
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Someone Save Us College Kids
I dont like charecters like the flash or aquaman. I mean really super speed or the ability to talk to fish is pretty lame.

Originally Posted by Frank Castle
I mean really super speed is pretty lame.
You're pretty lame...

A system of cells interlinked
First of all, The Flash has nothing to do with Marvel, as he is a DC character. Also, The Flash has the huge problem of having a not-so-interesting back story, and a boring secret identity. As far as the DC stuff is concerned, I would like to see Kingdom Come go to the big screen, as it's an interesting story, and the characters are written in a much more interesting way in their "elseworlds" incarnation. A superman that is disgusted with the world, a crippled Batman that has literally destroyed his body trying to stand for what he believes in, and a new generation of not-so-super heroes for the old vets to contend with. The flash of Kingdom Come was much more interesting, existing on a different plane than all the opther heroes and people....lonely, isolated, ethereal. Magog is a stellar antagonist, multi-faceted and complex, and would make for a great screen personality if handled correctly.

The chances of this happening are almost nil, so don't get your hopes up for it. Would be cool though.

hmmmmm...the "Flash" as a movie? Can't say it would be the wisest of choices by the powers that be at DC. They've got alot of good stuff that could be made into movies **cough..KINGDOM COME..cough** and "the Flash" isn't one of them I'm sorry to say. With the XMEN doing so well for Marvel, I wouldn't be surprised to see either a JLA or Teen Titans movie from Warner Bros. on the horizon...

Originally Posted by Zzat
You're pretty lame...
you'r lamer

Originally Posted by Frank Castle
you lamer
ummm...

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I would definitely watch a Flash movie. I'm pretty sure it will happen. And Wonder Woman as a movie is almost a go, with Joss Whedon writing and possibly directing. I personally would love to see, and this would probably be an impossibility, but still, a movie version of The Ultimates, a marvel comics series thats sort of a re-tooling of the Avengers as a government agency. The phrase "Person of Mass Destruction," used in describing Captain America MUST be heard on a movie screen, and Samuel L Jackson as Nick Fury? SOMEBODY make this happen.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Originally Posted by Monkeypunch
I would definitely watch a Flash movie. I'm pretty sure it will happen. And Wonder Woman as a movie is almost a go, with Joss Whedon writing and possibly directing. I personally would love to see, and this would probably be an impossibility, but still, a movie version of The Ultimates, a marvel comics series thats sort of a re-tooling of the Avengers as a government agency. The phrase "Person of Mass Destruction," used in describing Captain America MUST be heard on a movie screen, and Samuel L Jackson as Nick Fury? SOMEBODY make this happen.
I think Sam.Jackson would make a terrific Nick Fury...who do you have in mind to play Capt.America?