Sequels

Tools    

Name movies that you have that mix felling, on one hand you want a sequel but in the other hand you are afraid they ruin what was made before.

Big Lebowski
Mandy
Pulp Fiction
Kill Bill
Fight Club
Taxi Driver

I've absolutely no enthusiasm for Ghostbusters 3. I still haven't seen the rebooted Ghostbusters but I do think it was bad to make that film and then try and resurrect the earlier format.

The Equalizer 2 is the latest sequel I watched and I couldn't have been happier with it.

Welcome to the human race...
In fairness, we've known how badly a Ghostbusters sequel would turn out for thirty years now.

I agree that the following movies would make for kick ass sequels:

Big Lebowski
Pulp Fiction
Taxi Driver

A Taxi Driver sequel would be too late now, but it would be cool to see what Travis Bickle ended up doing with this life after becoming a local hero.

The Big Lebowski would make for a knockout sequel, and it's not too late for it either. I trust the Coen Brothers would not ruin it. As a matter of fact, I believe a sequel would possibly be even funnier than the first one.

Tarantino had previously expressed interest in making a prequel to Pulp Fiction focusing on the Vega brothers (Michael Madsen's character in Reservoir Dogs, and John Travolta's character in Pulp Fiction), but I think it's far too late for that now as both actors have aged and I don't want to see them CGI'd as their younger selves -ok, so The Irishman is an exception because I really want to to see Pacino, Pesci, and Deniro in another gangster movie directed by Scorsese.

A direct sequel to Pulp Fiction would be great, though. I want to see where Jules Winnfield (Samuel Jackson's character) ended up 25 years later...walking the earth like Cain in Kung Fu
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

In fairness, we've known how badly a Ghostbusters sequel would turn out for thirty years now.
The Return of the Musketeers was on the other day – that was a great belated sequel (15 years after the originals).

Mojo, they're supposed to be ones you also wouldn't want to happen. I love all those movies, but even if sequels were possible the odds are that they'd be disappointments. Hell, the directors behind all those films don't even do sequels (even Kill Bill is one film split into two parts).

As for my answer, I guess I have this feeling about a third Escape From... movie because, while it would be good to get a trilogy that would not only send off Snake but would make a better final film for John Carpenter than The Ward, I know that the odds of him pulling off a decent film are practically non-existent.

Mojo, they're supposed to be ones you also wouldn't want to happen. I love all those movies, but even if sequels were possible the odds are that they'd be disappointments. Hell, the directors behind all those films don't even do sequels (even Kill Bill is one film split into two parts).

As for my answer, I guess I have this feeling about a third Escape From... movie because, while it would be good to get a trilogy that would not only send off Snake but would make a better final film for John Carpenter than The Ward, I know that the odds of him pulling off a decent film are practically non-existent.
Apparently Ghosts of Mars was going to be Escape from Mars wasn't it? I haven't seen the film all the way through but anything's better with Kurt Russell.

It would appear so, though I imagine it was retooled significantly once it stopped being an Escape movie (hence why the Snake-style character played by Ice Cube doesn't show up until roughly halfway through).

Another answer would be if they ended up making a new version of Alien 3 that disregarded the events of the actual Alien 3. Like I get it, it's what so many fans want, but I still like the post-Aliens installments we actually got.

When you think, Highlander 3 was a bit like that, retconning the second film. Not that Highlander 2 hadn't done that itself to a large degree.

For me, it is rush over and police story.