Best film score ever?

Tools    

Lately, I cant get Ennio Morricone's score for The Untouchables out of my head. Ahhhhh, not that I'm complaining.

I love the beginning of FISTFUL OF DOLLARS, which is ennio morricone. He is without a doubt the best out there.

Personally for me the one that listen to and love the most is Michael Nymans 'The Piano'. The music in this film was so important to convey Ada's passion and the words she felt but could not speak....oh ramble ramble corny ramble.

I saw Nyman perform pieces from his films at Queens Uni in Belfast last year and it was pretty amazing.

Welcome to the human race...
John Carpenter's scores are excellent.

My personal favourite has to be Escape From New York.

One of the best pieces. I love to listen to this while I write - its so damn fun!
The Hunt by Jerry Goldsmith, from Planet of the Apes

I think you will find by listening to this piece that James Horner likes this song too. Hee hee.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
It must be another thread where I call Ennio Morricone's score to Days of Heaven my fave score. Runners-up would include Basil Poledouris's Conan the Barbarian, Jerome Moross's The Big Country, Bernard Herrmann's The Devil and Daniel Webster, John Williams' Jaws, Max Steiner's Gone With the Wind, and one I just watched tonight, Victor Young's beautiful score to The Quiet Man.

There's so many here's a few

Elliot Goldenthal - Sphere
Philip Glass - The Thin Blue Line
Philip Glass - koyaanisqatsi
James Horner - Aliens
Ennio Morricone - John Carpenter's The Thing

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Dear Lord!

Who knows?

I'll say Bernard Herrman's romance on the train bit from North by Northwest.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

A Streetcar Named Desire

, Castle in the Sky (original score),
- by Joe Hisaishi

- by John Williams

- by Hans Zimmer

I don't know if he has already been mentioned, but Bernard Herrmann's stuff in Taxi Driver was amazing.

Vertigo