Best film score ever?

Tools    

The Last of the Mohicans.

Welcome to the human race...
Whoa, I was just watching Scarface earlier today. I have to say that at the very end, the strains of the main theme just overpowered me. Who would've thought 80s music could be so resonant?

HIGHLANDER

You ready? You look ready.
Most recently, I'd have to say Memoirs of a Geisha.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Taxi Driver! Chinatown--the main theme and remember those points in the movie when we heard the beautiful ominous jangle you get when you run a hand over the strings inside a piano...Living In Oblivion, Amelie, North by Northwest, Far from the Madding Crowd...Far from Heaven...

I forgot Once Upon a Time in America (NOT the West) but also Morricone. AV

stranger then a drunken mime
The Wall

The New World score seems to ply with the movie like Peanut butter plys with jelly, whatever that means.

Best film soundtrack gotta be Kill Bill, its got ace tunes on it! Does anybody know where the missing ones can be found on the net? There are quite a few on the film that are not included on the soundtrack cd.

Ben-Hur ... possibly the 1961's "King of Kings" the soundtrack was far better than the movie itself could have ever been.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
braveheart,gladiator,last of the mohicans,the village,the assassination of richard nixon,kill bill

Personally, I liked the score from Titanic best, out of all the films I have seen. I thought it was beautiful and heart-wrenching.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
the godfather and garden state are great too,and the crow

I don't think anyone could ever pick the best… but some of my personal favorites are:

The Last of the Mohicans
Highlander
Highlander - Endgames
Rob Roy
Braveheart
The Saint
We Were Soldiers

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

There are too many to list but some of my favorites are-
Star Wars Episodes I through VI- How could I forget? If there is a score that could be a contender for the greatest score it would have to be the pieces John Williams has made for all 6 Star Wars. Each is amazing.

Requiem For A Dream- The main orchestral theme for this film is so powerful and simply beautiful. Clint Mansell aced it.

Braveheart- This is definitly high on my favorite scores. It so moving and each piece fits in with its scene perfectly

Platoon- "Adiago For Strings" is one of my favorite pieces ever and fit witht the film incredibly well. The rest of the score is also great.

Raging Bull- I just can't explain how great this score is to me, depsite its little variety.

To answer ChuckChuck's question on the Kill Bill soundtrack. There was one song from Kill Bill that I thought was good called "Nobody But Me" by the Human Beinz. It's one of the songs not included in the soundtrack and it is also extremely hard to find it on the net.

The song is the song played during the scene where Thurman begins to slay the Crazy 88s and she runs up the stairwell and into the room before he lights are turned out.

Other than that, you can find the missing tracks if you go to Google and search Kill Bill Vol.1 soundtrack. Keep going to the links provided until you find the one that lists them all. Hope this helps.

have no fear, CPMan is here..
Star Wars
LOTR
Cellular
Starsky and Hutch
Ladder 49

ooops, almost forgot Troy..lol

Thanks for helping me out, I will have a really good look on google for any of the missing tunes.

Tracy

I personally am very fond of the music in Schindlers List.