Peep Show

Tools    

Anybody in the UK watch Peep Show on C4, I think it's the best comedy on TV at the moment.

there's a frog in my snake oil
S'good. Peversely i liked it more when hardly anyone knew about it

(And maybe the internal-monologue/camera thing is losing its charm slowly - but they still do it damn well). Only watch the odd episode, but yeah - pretty funky, squirmingly uncomfortable sometimes... very British

I caught Mitchell and Webb a couple of times in a pretty rubbish sketch show called Bruiser a while back, and they managed to stand out despite the wobbly material. Martin Freeman was there too, and did alright.

I love this show, the two guys init are damn funny even when their in an interview and such.
I am glad it hasen't really been hyped, it would probably go down hill.

Yeah I hate when stuff gets overhyped, especially when it's not even funny in the first place, like Little Britain

New series starting tomrrow night on Channel 4 UK..

Gonna be big!!

any one else watch this?

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Peepshow is fantastic, I love all 5 series and there is suppose to be a 6th

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
Love Peep Show, I think my fave episode so far was the one in season 4 with the barbequed dog, comedy genius.

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I watched that episode on thursday, funnily enough it is great lol. I love the last episode in that series when they gat marrid. Mark and Jez are up stairs in the church and jez "Wets himself" dude that cracks me up! pure awsomeness! lol

Welcome to the human race...
I caught an episode of this the other night, it's pretty damn funny and I may keep watching it.

It's an episode where Mark is getting annoyed by a bunch of little kids, tries to seduce his neighbour by referencing Stalingrad, mocking Jez's new song track, etc. Anyone know which series/episode this is so I can tell how far through the series I am?

I caught an episode of this the other night, it's pretty damn funny and I may keep watching it.

It's an episode where Mark is getting annoyed by a bunch of little kids, tries to seduce his neighbour by referencing Stalingrad, mocking Jez's new song track, etc. Anyone know which series/episode this is so I can tell how far through the series I am?
That's the first episode of the first series.

As I've said elsewhere on the board, I love this show, the best UK sitcom I've seen since "Spaced" and "The Office" left the air. Unfortunately only the first season is currently available on R1 DVD, but if you have a region-free DVD player the rest of the series, five seasons total thus far, are very much worth importing.

Even though I had heard good things about it I avoided "Peep Show" for a while, fearing that the first-person subjective camera would be too gimmicky. It isn't. It's rather brilliant, actually, as it allows us to hear the inner thoughts of the two main characters, Mark Corrigan (David Mitchell) and Jeremy (Robert Webb). They work perfectly together, having been partnered for years in other TV projects, and the sensibility of the show is dark and weird and wonderful. Great supporting cast, especially Olivia Colman as Sophie, Mark's co-worker and would-be love of his life, and Matt King as Super Hans, Jeremy's illegal drug-craving would-be musical partner. I also adore Jeremy's two main love interests, the American girl Nancy (Rachel Blanchard) and the straightlaced "Big Suze" (Sophie Winkleman).

I love every single episode and all the seasons, but if I had to choose I'd say series four is my favorite with "Holiday", the second to last episode featuring Mark's bachelor party weekend with Jeremy culminating in the eating of a dog, my single favorite episode. But there isn't an episode I wouldn't happily watch again. I often do. I just got series five on DVD a couple weeks ago and have already watched it four times.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Mark: "It wasn't rape alright? It was just a minor sexual assault. She didn't force anything up my bum that's why it's not rape!"

Jeremy: "I'm a dirty hobbit and she's a sexy elf so she might be... "Oh! You dirty hobbit. Take off my bodkin and my jerkin." "Oh, yeah... pixie ears. But that sword." What if she was a hobbit slayer? I'd just use my enchanted amulet. "Yeah. Yield to me, hobbit-slayer. You will touch my magic cock."

Super Hans: "Tell you what, that crack is really more-ish."

Must be doin sumthin right
Are there any Peep Show watchers here these days? I get the sense from a few things I've read that fans are A) kinda bummed out that the show's gotten more popular and B) generally feeling it's been going steadily downhill in quality since series four or so. Even after easily the weakest batch just wrapping up, though, I remain totally in the bag and can't wait for series nine. Fully understand the people who say it's just spinning its wheels at this point but I still laugh out loud. Paint balling episode in particular had a lot of great moments. Really can't believe anyone would complain about too much Dobby, either, cuz she's great. If you think about it, relationships are a lot like proper ships, and I'm going down with the Peep Show ship

I thought there were some great episodes in series 8, after series 6 and 7 although still great, were not up to the standards of the first 5 series.

As you say the paint balling episode was great, i loved the curry scene in the first episode of the series, when Mark spots Jeremy having a curry when he's supposed to be having therapy (which Mark paid for), so decides to get a lovely big curry for the 2 of them.

"The lady duff eat bhaji to much me thinks"

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
What is supposedly the final series (9?) is on now. I thought it had dipped a bit in quality over the past couple of series, but so far it has been really good. Last week's episode (2) is honestly one of the funniest things I've seen in a while.

Unregistered User
What is supposedly the final series (9?) is on now. I thought it had dipped a bit in quality over the past couple of series, but so far it has been really good. Last week's episode (2) is honestly one of the funniest things I've seen in a while.
Agreed. Excellent so far.

One of my favorite shows ever!

Episode 1 wasn't that great
That's funny, I thought episode 1 was the best in this series so far! I've found the subsequent ones a bit disappointing up until this week's, which was an improvement.