Help identifying crazy alien looking mask

Tools    

Thank you for the fix Yoda. You're amazing!

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again

Got any context of this? A photo you took of a prop? Screen capture from a movie? Is it movie related or just some object that looks alien? Anything to help explain what we're looking at might help.

Off the top of my head it looks like it might fit in the Silent Hill movie. Hard to tell. Looks like this is a side view. Got any other picks from the front?

Off the top of my head it looks like it might fit in the Silent Hill movie. Hard to tell. Looks like this is a side view. Got any other picks from the front?
It's a prop from a movie most likely. It belonged to a movie prop collector I knew for 20 years. He passed and his family is trying to relocate the items to other collectors. We have no idea what this is from though.

Edit: I did not take the photo but my friends family did. They are older than me and don't know how to find the right places to ask. They had a appraiser come in but even he didn't know.

Edit Edit: It's also "about 3 foot tall" from the family's description of the prop.

That's pretty cool. I have no idea what it is though. If they could provide another pic or two from the front and back that might open some doors.

I wonder if there are any kind of identification markings on it. Like an artist's signature kind of or a formal prop # ID. Maybe on the inside around the opening.

If the guy collected a niche genre or something that might help narrow things down some.

All the best in figuring this one out. Maybe one of the horror fans here might recognize it.

That's pretty cool. I have no idea what it is though. If they could provide another pic or two from the front and back that might open some doors.

I wonder if there are any kind of identification markings on it. Like an artist's signature kind of or a formal prop # ID. Maybe on the inside around the opening.

If the guy collected a niche genre or something that might help narrow things down some.

All the best in figuring this one out. Maybe of the horror fans here might recognize it.
I'm working on getting more photos and info now. He collected everything but had a big horror collection. He collected from movies for about 30 or so years. With a collection from movies older than that time frame. If I get any more info I will post it here. Thanks for giving me paths to follow.

All the best in figuring this one out. Maybe of the horror fans here might recognize it.

Here is a front view along with the side view. It's all I got as of now.
/gallery/YQ4q0Sm

Here is a front view along with the side view. It's all I got as of now.
/gallery/YQ4q0Sm

Got the first half of that URL by chance?

Got the first half of that URL by chance?

I am new so I can't post links but i will try imgur . com/gallery/YQ4q0Sm

Ha very cool. As tall As you deacribe it i imagine it would be much wider if not suspended from the wire there.

Still no idea. Style-wise, maybe something off the wall like the Fifth Element, Repo! The Genetic Opera, or who knows what lol. I'm just going off the hosing.

@Captain Spaulding
@cat_sidhe

Any ideas? Who are some horror fans here?

This mask really wouldn't be out of place in a horror film but I can't think of one with it. Since you're not sure if it came from a movie, maybe try music; lots of bands such as Slipknot, Mushroomhead and many other metal bands use freaky masks as part of their performance. This mask in particular might even be seen in some Steampunk cosplay, although one would expect to see more gears or keys or some such were that the case. Good luck.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds

For those wanting to see a different view.

Suspect's Reviews