The Flash Movie

Tools    

Originally Posted by Frank Castle
Finish
You the lamest...

Originally Posted by Parky
You're getting a little rude these days, Zzat.
ummm... No?

...and a little childish.
How so?

Let's just leave it.
Your the one that brought it up.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Originally Posted by Frank Castle
...who do you have in mind to play Capt.America?
Um, lets not walk this path again. Captain America was a horrible flick. Don't get me wrong, with today's technology, a lot of the comic book heroes are easier to transfer to screen, however, I believe that these companies are overdoing it once they see that Sony and Fox have seem to found the groove, and all the other film companies are trying to find the groove as well. A Flash movie isn't something that should be brought to the big screen IMO. Once the Superman, Fantastic Four, X-Men, Spider-Man, Hellblazer, Batman, etc., movies are produced and the other film companies can see what impact is, then they can determine whether or not to proceed with another comic book adaption
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Originally Posted by Terminator734
Flash is a an awsome comic book character and i think he deserves his own movie.

i mean hell Fantastic Four is getting one so why shouldn't he???
That is because the Fantasic Crew are 4 whereas the flash is but 1.

They each have different and unique powers that has potential to make for a good movie.
I'll admit. I also enjoyed the Flash on the tube but that was television. It works there because they had a season's worth of shows in getting to know him and giving different scenerios with the few abilities he has.
If they are going to make a movie about him, then the writer better concentrate on the character development of the flash and the ones around him. Merely centering a movie around a guy who can run at high velocities and vibrate through solid matter just won't do.

Someone Save Us College Kids
Originally Posted by Zzat
How so?
Your alright..... I see no problem.... ur the lamest of them all

There's treachery afoot!!!
David Goyer is directing the film and is writing the script right now. He was quoted saying "In the best of all possible worlds, the Flash Movie would start production next year. It's a possibility for a fall 2007 release. Its coming along writing, but its going to be hugely expensive."

Movie Forums Member
Originally Posted by Wonder Boy
David Goyer is directing the film and is writing the script right now. He was quoted saying "In the best of all possible worlds, the Flash Movie would start production next year. It's a possibility for a fall 2007 release. Its coming along writing, but its going to be hugely expensive."

HI all,

Where did you get this info?? Personally I think its great to hear .........

Flash would be okay as a supporting character, but mainstream? I just do not see it.

District B13
Originally Posted by 7thson
Flash would be okay as a supporting character, but mainstream? I just do not see it.
http://www.toonopedia.com/flash1.htm

The hero that revived DC comics superheroes? Restarted the Justice League?

A supporting character!?

The classic super hero with the classic super power.

He will make a great solo movie star.

That is if *gasp* the writers actually stay true to the comics and actually transfer the idea on screen instead of just using the names.

There's treachery afoot!!!
Originally Posted by ObiWanShinobi
That is if *gasp* the writers actually stay true to the comics and actually transfer the idea on screen instead of just using the names.
David Goyer is writing it and if he does the same caliber of work that he did while writing 'Batman Begins' Flash will be an awesome movie.

My favorite comics were Fantastic Four, Thor and Flash. I think FF had the most potential for a movie (it was ok but not great). Maybe it can copy Spiderman and come up with a better sequel.

I loved Thor and Flash but have a little difficulty seeing them successfully transferred to the screen. A Justice League movie with several superheroes might work better.

I wasn't a big Xmen fan but they did an excellent job of adapting it to the screen. It came off as serious and intelligent and not hokey. I hope Thor and Flash could have similar results.
My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

You ready? You look ready.
Proof cancel culture is a myth. Or rather, they can't cancel you if you're really fast?
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
*insert something about digital simulacra of hackneyed pulp with 2000s CGI and nostalgia-driven fetishism*
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.