Favorite Criterion Closet Pickers?

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I have seen many (not in a long time), and some are quite interesting. I'll have to review some more, but if you have a favorite, please post a video, or their name and their movie picks. And if you can, analyze their selections, maybe compare it to their work, too.

I'm not a fan of Agnes Varda (Vagabond was pretty good), but I was happy she picked "Taste of Cherry" which is such a great movie.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
And because Agnes loved "Taste of Cherry", I decided to give one of her picks a chance, and I'm grateful. It's been a while since I've seen a really good movie that had me locked in.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Favorite Criterion closet picker is M.I.A.

At the 4:22 mark she explains why she didn't get the role in Dheepan.

Worst was Isabelle Huppert. Why not just take one copy of everything. Really look at her differently after this. F@#king embarrassing.

I decided to see Good Morning ( Ozu) after seeing this one. And at least i have Were is The Friend’s Home (House) on my Watchlist. Michael Cera seems like a nice guy.

What is a “closet picker”?

What is a “closet picker”?
Criterion has a series of YouTube videos where different people in the movie industry look at all the films they have in their collection and get to pick and choose which ones to take for free. They often provide some commentary on the films they choose as well. They're pretty interesting videos, overall.

"I would like this movie, and that movie, sho on and sho on" -- Zizek
Honestly, I'd be the same way. It's brutal enough trying to narrow down a top 25 foreign list. How could I possibly be expected to only pick 4 or 5 Criterion titles? Just open the truck of my car, please.

Criterion has a series of YouTube videos where different people in the movie industry look at all the films they have in their collection and get to pick and choose which ones to take for free. They often provide some commentary on the films they choose as well. They're pretty interesting videos, overall.
Tyvm

JOHN WATERS

BARRY LEVINSON

CHARLOTTE GAINSBOURG

MATTHEW MODINE

MARC MARON

TERRY GILLIAM

CARL FRANKLIN

RICHARD E. GRANT

SUSANNA HOFFS
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

The fact that he bought the rights to Onibaba, then had the humility and respect for the film to realise he couldn't do a remake justice, speaks volumes as to what a legend Dafoe is. One of my favourite American actors working today.