Ever thought a film was good but not wanted to watch it again?

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I generally watch the films I own at least twice if I can, and if I haven’t yet, it’s planned.
That said, if I don’t own it, I generally don’t rewatch it unless it was really enjoyable.
It’s not that I don’t want to, it’s that it comes down to how much time I have available.
There’s only so much time and so many films after all.

I rewatch my favorite movies a lot, just not necessarily on DVD. If they're on TV, I'll sometimes DVR them to watch them again later, just because it's easier than finding the DVD on my shelves.

I can't count how many times I've watched the movie Arsenic and Old Lace (1944), and Hubby walked in the room and said something like "You're watching that movie AGAIN?!"

I rewatch my favorite movies a lot, just not necessarily on DVD. If they're on TV, I'll sometimes DVR them to watch them again later, just because it's easier than finding the DVD on my shelves.

I can't count how many times I've watched the movie Arsenic and Old Lace (1944), and Hubby walked in the room and said something like "You're watching that movie AGAIN?!"
Same here, if I'm channel hopping and come across a film I like that I already have on DVD, I'll still sit and watch it.
But if it's a film I am watching for the first time I like to be in the right frame of mind to fully absorb the story. And that could be the reason I don't want to revisit certain films if the story is a hard-hitting emotionally driven story.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Do you ever find yourself buying more movies that you think are good, rather than great? For example, Mad Max: Fury Road is a good movie, but I don't know if I would go as far to call it a great one. However, I find myself rewatching that more times, than a movie like say Taxi Driver. I can own an action movie on blu ray, and watch it more and more times, compared to a drama, even if the drama movie is better in story. Does anyone else find that?

Many, many times.

If I tried to make a list, I'd be here for days because there are so many. But two that immediately come to mind are Grave of the Fireflies and Whiplash.
Come to think of it, I have never had an urge to re-watch Whiplash either.

You can put any thriller in that category for me. Once the story or killer is revealed, just don't care to go back!

So many, they’re so good I don’t want them to lose their magic. Others I anticipate there grandiosity and I want to postpone my reaction to have something worth my time in a rainy day. I’m weird, I know. I’ve made personal pacts to only watch certain movies by great directors at a given time, I haven’t finished Tarkovsky for example and won’t for some time, if I die before that it won’t matter anymore, so no problem, problems are for the living, they’re the ones who invented them.

Testament
Requiem for a Dream
Memento
Threads
Requiem for a Dream is always my answer when someone asks me this question.

There’s just something about how hopeless the end of the movie is especially that really makes me never want to go through it all again.

I can think of 2 movies that are good but, I don't care to watch again because they stir up too many emotions for me...
American History X (1998)
The Machinist (2004)

Once Were Warriors is definitely my go-to answer for this question.

It's a well made and well written film, which explores Maouri culture in modern (well 1990's) NZ society through the lens of the Heke family, that feels raw and features some truly memorable performances, most especially Temuera Morrison as Jake 'the Muss'. It left such a mark personally that even though they made a sequel (What Becomes of the Broken Hearted?), I've still not brought myself to sit through it, purely because of the memories of OWW.

Noone has mentioned it in this thread, so maybe it's just me it had that effect on, maybe it just never got the attention outside of NZ and by proximity, Australia, but definitely one that deserves to be seen.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Once Were Warriors is definitely my go-to answer for this question.

It's a well made and well written film, which explores Maouri culture in modern (well 1990's) NZ society through the lens of the Heke family, that feels raw and features some truly memorable performances, most especially Temuera Morrison as Jake 'the Muss'. It left such a mark personally that even though they made a sequel (What Becomes of the Broken Hearted?), I've still not brought myself to sit through it, purely because of the memories of OWW.

Noone has mentioned it in this thread, so maybe it's just me it had that effect on, maybe it just never got the attention outside of NZ and by proximity, Australia, but definitely one that deserves to be seen.
I'm in Canada, and I've seen it, and two of my friends knew of it before me as well. So the movie is getting around I think. I too, probably wouldn't watch it more than once. I guess cause it's a simple drama, where you take everything in on the first viewing, rather than something with a more complicated plot that you want to absorb a few times, but it's still pretty good.

I have the same situation with the film "Glass". And two predecessors - “Unbreakable” and “Split” impressed me much more, especially “Split”. I've already watched it three times) I must say, that "Glass" is a good film, but I definitely won’t review it once more

Testament
Requiem for a Dream
Memento
Threads
Memento seems like an odd choice to me. Rewatching it gives you a different perspective on a number of scenes.
WARNING: "spoilery" spoilers below
For the scenes with Sammy, for example, you wonder about the extent to which Leonard has blended his own experiences with Sammy's. There's a one-frame hint on that point in the telling of the final section of Sammy's story. Apparently I'm not allowed to post links yet, but it's under 'Christopher Nolan's Memento: Leonard = Sammy?' on YouTube if interested.

More generally you wonder about the extent to which Teddy's description of him as 'creating a puzzle he could never solve' is true. How long has he been doing this? Has he killed other John Gs? People have commented, for example, on how practised his technique is for getting into locked rooms – something that a bounty hunter or assassin might do often, but not an insurance investigator.

War Horse (saw it twice, and don't know if I'll ever rewatch it)
The Bone Collector (really good film, and Denzel's a talented actor, but disturbing for a rewatch)
Se7en (impressive film, but too graphic to rewatch)
1408 (love Sam Jackson, but this film's disturbing nature makes it unlikely for a rewatch)
Seven Pounds
Instructions Not Included (saw at least most of it, the ending makes a rewatch very unlikely)

You're always going to disappoint somebody
I felt this way with Pulp Fiction and Taxi Driver off the top of my head. They are pretty good, but I feel like I have taken in everything on the first viewing and never felt like watching them again.
Pulp Fiction is one of those films that for me any time I find it when flicking through the TV channels I have to watch through to the end, no matter where I come into it. I also have this with Goodfellas as well.

I loved 12 Years a Slave but I have absolutely no desire to sit through it again.