GOOD NEWS PEOPLE ...

Tools    

⬆️ Captain Moore is amazing. Staggering.

So my bro in England emailed me about an old lady there who is doing something similar. Heard about her?

Life goes on. 12 goslings a little smaller than this in the park yesterday with their 3 (?) parents. So frickin cute & I was disappointed not to see them today. They may have been sleeping on one of the lake islands. By the time I get back there they will have grown considerably. No ducklings so far. But I did see the resident blue heron fly across the lake. Some of the geese were furious that it had landed on their island & I suspect the goslings may have been there.

It’s 7️⃣9️⃣ in Connecticut. I’m in heaven. I would say that spring here has sucked weatherwise, but now I see upcoming temps of 7️⃣0️⃣, maybe even 8️⃣0️⃣.

My local DNKN will now re-open on Sundays. Shorter hours than before, but still. Saw that another favorite DNKN that was closed has now re-opened for takeout. And next week if franchise owners agree, tables & chairs can be put outside. Little things, but still.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
It’s 7️⃣9️⃣ in Connecticut. I’m in heaven. I would say that spring here has sucked weatherwise, but now I see upcoming temps of 7️⃣0️⃣, maybe even 8️⃣0️⃣.

We've had 2 months of spring. The first 70 and sunny day was the first or 2nd week of March. Longer than normal it seems.

Alas, the heat is coming. Saw 90 for one of the days next week.

⬆️ 9️⃣0️⃣ sounds good to me. That’s as high as I go though. Every degree above this gets more & more uncomfortable. But I will never complain about heat as I hate being cold.

80 degrees in Connecticut & no wind. Everything seems so much better when the weather is nice.

And church services resume in 2 weeks’ time.

Standing in line at DNKN drive thru this morning (hoping no one would run me down), the gentleman in the car in front of me paid for my coffee. I was able to catch up to him & thanked him profusely. Nice.

Where's his idiotic smile? He looked like the Joker in previous pictures.
Why is a murderer in my good news people thread?

Life goes on. 12 goslings a little smaller than this in the park yesterday with their 3 (?) parents. So frickin cute & I was disappointed not to see them today. They may have been sleeping on one of the lake islands. By the time I get back there they will have grown considerably. No ducklings so far. But I did see the resident blue heron fly across the lake. Some of the geese were furious that it had landed on their island & I suspect the goslings may have been there.
So many goslings in the park. Yesterday there were 3 as small as this stock photo. One baby was asleep on the grass & the other 2 were asleep under momma’s wing. So stinkin’ cute.

⬆️ It is. I just didn’t want to see his ugly mug in my feel good thread. He can stay.

Church masses Monday through Saturday resumed on Monday. Sunday mass still on hold. Not sure why since they are limiting it to 100 people & we have to get a ticket online. I got permission yesterday to resume Wednesday morning Rosary Prayer so that was nice this morning. Almost forgot how to do it since we’ve been away 3 months.

Local park has turned on its fountains so that’s lovely. Hair salons have come back. So small openings, which are much better than closings.

4 tiny Mallard ducklings in the park today with mom. First I’ve seen this year & saw none last year. Not surprising since there are so many predators in the air, in the bushes & underwater. These tinies are so vulnerable. I saw none last year. (Stock photo)

Last week I was able to get a mammogram & a hair cut (not at the same time, of course). Impossible to do this for the last 3 months or so. So feels good.

Noticed today that a major teaching hospital here has packed up all its COVID 19 outdoor testing tents & moved on. It’s a good sign for Connecticut, but I hope they know what they’re doing.

Well, we Roman Catholics in Connecticut returned to Sunday mass yesterday for the first time since March 15. I stumbled over some of the prayers at first as it’s been so long. The mass went along at a brisk pace & it lasted maybe 50 minutes or so. I didn’t like to turn around & count how many people were there, but there weren’t a whole lot of us. Our priest said we were brave to come, which rather worried me.

Well, we Roman Catholics in Connecticut returned to Sunday mass yesterday for the first time since March 15. I stumbled over some of the prayers at first as it’s been so long. The mass went along at a brisk pace & it lasted maybe 50 minutes or so. I didn’t like to turn around & count how many people were there, but there weren’t a whole lot of us. Our priest said we were brave to come, which rather worried me.
Was social distancing being enforced (or mentioned via sign or verbally)?
Did they have new capacity limits?
Were people wearing masks?