GOOD NEWS PEOPLE ...

Tools    

The first Covid-19 vaccinations (post trial groups) have been administered in the U.K.!!!
Excellent news.

You ready? You look ready.
And so far no one has grown an extra appendage from the vaccine!!!
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

The first Covid-19 vaccinations (post trials) have been administered in the U.S. today!!!
So exciting. We did it!!!

And so far no one has grown an extra appendage from the vaccine!!!
Well... there are some issues with allergic reactions, but I didn't want to mention them on a Good News thread.

So... Yes! We did it!
Thanks to President Trump and Operation WARP Speed!

"Heading Captain?"
"First star on the right... and straight on till morning!"

Only DNKN in town that is open is on my block. (Thank God.) Waited at the drive thru for the next car to be done. After he drove away the ladies at the window said he’d paid for my coffee. This made my day.

Just a lovely story.

Policeman buys family food instead of arresting them for shoplifting

A US police officer who was called out to arrest a family suspected of shoplifting instead bought them some food so they could have a decent Christmas dinner.

Matt Lima was called to a food store in Somerset, Massachusetts, last month, a police statement said.

Two women were reported not to be scanning all of their groceries.

When questioned, the family said they had fallen upon hard times and could not afford to pay for all the food.

They had still wanted to give the children a Christmas dinner.

Mr Lima served them with a "no trespass" order, but did not press charges as all the items on the shopping receipt were for food, police said.

He then bought them gift cards worth $250 (£180) with his own money so the women and their two children would be able to buy food for their Christmas dinner at another shop of the same chain.

"The two children with the women reminded me of my kids, so I had to help them out," Officer Lima said.

"Obviously, this family was in need and I can't imagine having to make the decision to go to Stop and Shop [the food store] and just only pay for what I can afford - or do I go there and try to take things for Christmas dinner for the kids?" he told local TV.

"They were very thankful, they were kind of shocked. I'm sure a lot of people in that same situation would be thinking that there was going to be a different outcome, and maybe they would be arrested or have to go to court.

"I bought the gift card close in value to what would've been taken," he added. "I just did what I felt was right. It's not about me, I just tried to put myself in that family's shoes and show a little bit of empathy."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-55522825

⬆️ Good story. More than once I have paid for someone’s groceries when they ran out of money at the checkout. Rather than wait while they put stuff back, I just paid for them & we all went on with our day.

I've had my first Covid jab. I got a call Thursday morning asking if I could get there in 50 minutes as they had a spare dose. I could so I did.

In terms of side effects, I've been a bit achy, (but I am anyway so I don't know if that's a side effect or not. ) and I was quite tired early in the evening of the day of the injection. Other than that, the only thing I've noticed is a slight tenderness where they injected me, but I had that with the flu jab too.

I know a couple of people who felt rotten for a couple of days after, but I also know people who said they didn't even feel as I did, so I guess it'll affect you how it does. I don't know about elsewhere, but I was given a 4 page A4 leaflet with info about the vaccine and the possible side effects, how common they are and who to get in contact with if you have any worries about them. I had a really good experience with the whole procedure.

I know a couple of people who felt rotten for a couple of days after, but I also know people who said they didn't even feel as I did, so I guess it'll affect you how it does. I don't know about elsewhere, but I was given a 4 page A4 leaflet with info about the vaccine and the possible side effects, how common they are and who to get in contact with if you have any worries about them. I had a really good experience with the whole procedure.
I’ve read in several places that “side effects”, such as they are, are a good sign of the vaccine working. I wonder if this is really true? I will be worried if I have no side effects.

And my dentist has put this thought in my head: have the vaccine at a hospital rather than some convention center or drive-thru. Never read anywhere that this is advisable, but I am gonna take her advice.

I’ve read in several places that “side effects”, such as they are, are a good sign of the vaccine working. I wonder if this is really true? I will be worried if I have no side effects.

And my dentist has put this thought in my head: have the vaccine at a hospital rather than some convention center or drive-thru. Never read anywhere that this is advisable, but I am gonna take her advice.
I don't know about the dentist's advice, I'm just guessing... but maybe they said this because at a hospital they can observe you afterwards for any side effects?

They SHOULD be doing this wherever vaccines are administered - everyone who gets it should remain at the site for 15 minutes afterward before heading home - and every place SHOULD have medics, first-aid people, EMT's or nurses on hand to help, treat or summon aid for anyone who may have a reactions.

IMO, there should be no such thing as a drive-thru vaccination site since some people (a rare few) have had life-threatening allergic reactions shortly after receiving a shot.

I don't know about the dentist's advice, I'm just guessing... but maybe they said this because at a hospital they can observe you afterwards for any side effects?

They SHOULD be doing this wherever vaccines are administered - everyone who gets it should remain at the site for 15 minutes afterward before heading home - and every place SHOULD have medics, first-aid people, EMT's or nurses on hand to help, treat or summon aid for anyone who may have a reactions.

IMO, there should be no such thing as a drive-thru vaccination site since some people (a rare few) have had life-threatening allergic reactions shortly after receiving a shot.
Oh, I know all this, but in this worrying time I am gonna get mine at a hospital nearby. Actually in the ER department where my dentist got hers.

5️⃣1️⃣ degrees in Connecticut today. First decent day since February began. Right now we turned off the heat & opened some windows. I feel delirious!

Two weeks to spring people! This has been the longest windiest winter of my life. Teeny-weeny snowdrops in our front yard now (I had to search for them) & I saw teeny daffodil shoots today. We got this!

Both stock photos.

64 degrees in CT today. I did not use a hair dryer today & I did not wear a hat outdoors.

Such excitement!