Best fashion movie?

Tools    

Okay so i've seen a few movies now about coco chanel and I wonder, which movie about her is your favourit? Well, let's open up a bit. Your favourite movie about a fashion personality? I'm thinking about those movies with some sort of documentary form in them and not movies like 'The devil wears prada'..

I've seen
'Coco Avant Chanel' (2009) by Anne Fontaine
'Coco Chanel & Igor Stravinsky' (2009) by Jan Kounen
'Coco Chanel' (2008) by Christian Duguay

I can't say a favourite of these but my least fav. is 'Coco Avant Chanel'. I didn't feel sympathy for 'Coco' at all, and wasn't caught by the story but the two others were both wery good

Semper Fooey
Here is that Katherine Hepburn musical. Never saw a clip before. Man, that is horrible. Hepburn has to take the cake for the absolute worse star of a Broadway musical.

Semper Fooey
If we stuck to just fact based stories, this thread would be over. Their aren't a lot of fashion design movies period.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Can_G...holesale_(film)

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
These have nothing to do with Coco Chanel, but the most-fun fashion movie has to be Funny Face with Fred Astaire (doing a Richard Avedon impression) and Audrey Hepburn who gets to show off her dancing skills. I think the best serious flick set in the fashion world is Darling with Julie Christie, Dirk Bogarde and Laurence Harvey.

ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beut0h1i7y0&feature=related

I saw an Isaac Mizrahi documentary movie years ago that wasn't bad. Forget what it's called.

I still like The Devil Wears Prada.

I think The September Issue is probably the best film about the inner workings of the fashion industry that I have seen before. I presume from your question you are asking about a film to do with the industry rather than just people wearing pretty dresses and expensive shoes?

Put me in your pocket...
I haven't seen any of the Coco Channel movies yet. My 'too see' list has grown...but my time to work on that list hasn't.

Sexy...I also still like Devil Wears Prada. Loved Anne and Meryl together.

Another fashion movie I still like is Roberta (1935). Great cast with Irene Dunn, Fred and Ginger. Iconic 1930's fashion set to nice music like "Smoke gets in your Eyes". Love what Irene is wearing when she sing's that song. She's so lovely.

There were also a few older movies like The Women (1939) that have nice fashion show sequences in them. Also they seem to spend alot of time at the salon where "Jungle Red" is THE color for ones nails.

Wasn't wild about the remake though. Butchered the story and the wit. Looked like they tried to make an updated version and got lost trying to re-invsion it.

Semper Fooey
I guess this qualifies as a fashion movie, but there isn't any glamour in it, JL won an Oscar for his performance.

&feature=related

Don't torture yourself, Gomez. That's my job.
I'm not sure it's my favourite, but I immediately flashed to Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead (1991).

"And our credo: "Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc." We gladly feast on those who would subdue us. Not just pretty words."

I think The September Issue is probably the best film about the inner workings of the fashion industry that I have seen before. I presume from your question you are asking about a film to do with the industry rather than just people wearing pretty dresses and expensive shoes?
Exactly. I thought about fact based movies but not documentaries

I know there's a fashion design movie but I forget what it's called. A girl goes school a design school and her family is in the mob. I know Megan fox is in it. Sorry I couldn't remember the name!

Thanks for helping me look for it but its actually crimes of fashion. It was a TV movie starring kaley cuoco. I didn't know she was in it, interesting lol

Bruno

was up there with the best fashion based movies