Grayskull - Who would you choose to portray He-Man and Skeletor?

Tools    

So word on the street is Grayskull is coming out next year. Who would you like to see play He-Man or Skeletor?

I still haven't thought of a good actor who could play He-Man, I mean lets face is Dolph Lundgren was a cool He-Man(yeah he was cheesy but I don't care)

But for Skeletor I was thinking perhaps Jeremy Irons or Gary Oldman.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I would lose all respect for Gary Oldman or Jeremy Irons if either one played Skeletor. Please, stop the 1980's cartoon nostalgia! I saw He-Man recently, and it struck me...it was really crappy. I loved it as a kid, but let's not split hairs. It was a poorly animated, poorly written, cynical cash grab. Even the original Masters of the Universe movie stole all of it's key concepts from Jack Kirby's New Gods and Fourth World comic books.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

I wouldn't lose respect for them. If it was done well enough it really wouldn't bother me. Oh I agree though that the last film was poorly made, but I actually find it entertaining, I know it's not the best but I like it. I just take the film for what it is. There is some absolute rubbish films out there, and yeah sure Masters of the Universe is but for me it's watchable rubbish. But I do see where you are coming from with you're opinion and all that jazz

Willem Defoe for Skeletor.
I second that. A perfect choice.

I'd like to see Dolph reprise his role too, considering he's still in excellent shape and looks more 30s than 50s.

Dolph can be Man-At-Arms, he'll look really cool with a mustache.
That wouldn't make much sense, considering he's already associated with the lead role.

It'd be like putting Ian McKellen in the role of Bilbo if/when the Hobbit film (hopefully) comes out.

Denis Lill would make a better choice for Man-at-Arms:

V
V

"What's this?.. I'm now live action!"

Was He-Man the one with the big roided up cat and he would say something like "I have the power" or something goofy like that?

Was He-Man the one with the big roided up cat and he would say something like "I have the power" or something goofy like that?
I wouldn't say goofy, but yes, from your description I think you've guessed correctly

That wouldn't make much sense, considering he's already associated with the lead role.

It'd be like putting Ian McKellen in the role of Bilbo if/when the Hobbit film (hopefully) comes out.
Or like the way Michael Caine reappeared in a Get Carter remake?

You can't exactly compare LOTR with MoTU... & McKellen is too old to play Bilbo. And also Hobbit is done in terms of being a prequel to LOTR, whether it's offically a prequel or not it doesn't matter.. But it's still a prequel as it doesn't disrupt the other.

MoTU was not a faithful adaptation, but few of us enjoyed it.
But I don't think most will complain in Dolph plays Man-At-Arms.. he'd be great for that role..

Or like the way Michael Caine reappeared in a Get Carter remake?
And what a farce that was

You can't exactly compare LOTR with MoTU...
I can actually. The argument is still the same, regardless of the quality/epicness of a given film.

& McKellen is too old to play Bilbo.
Not with digital rejuvenation

But I don't think most will complain in Dolph plays Man-At-Arms.. he'd be great for that role..
Not as good as Lill though, which I brilliantly highlighted in my earlier post

I can actually. The argument is still the same, regardless of the quality/epicness of a given film.
Really? you just said this about the Get Carter remake.
And what a farce that was
Some people will have high regard for the Get Carter remake then MoTU.

It might suck to adults... But why not remake it to get the kids interested, the recent animated series got some good response, but they cancelled it..

So, such concepts should never be made to suit adult standards.. that's exactly why GI Joe sucked.. they tried to make it like a cool escapist action adventure.. & somehow they thought the black costumes would be better over their regular costumes... really stupid IMO...

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Making movies based on toy lines is a bad idea in general. I mean Transformers one and two were awful. How about, I dunno, coming up with an original idea? Those seem to be in short supply these days.

To paraphrase Mike Watt: "The kids of today should defend themselves against the (80's)."

I thought the first Transformers was not bad at all.. the second one sucked..
Ofcourse it had lot of changes that insulted the original in many ways... But i thought it generated a lot of interest..

Look at the return of the toys in the market, a decade ago Transformers was dying.. those anime tv shows were not helping to keep it alive in anyway.. Now you have Hasbro re-releasing few of the old designs as well...

Most of the toyetic themes dont make great movies, but they sell well.. that's the whole idea..

The 80s were the best for cartoons IMO, but in past paste decade we had some great ones too..
Genndy Tartakovsky did some crazy animated stuff.. Samurai Jack was a great cartoon.

Tim Bruce's Batman: TAS is already a cult classic among kids & adults...
Batman: Brave & The Bold is another great cartoon for kids..

I am sure there are lots more..

I have to admit Willem DeFoe would be awesome as Skeletor lol. However, I don't think Dolph is quite youthful enough. Hmm... maybe Christian Bale. He probably would never do it but he would be alright. Just as long as its not Nicholas Cage ffs.

Unregistered Illegal User
I would rather that they make it as an animation movie. I don't think He-Man translates well on screen with live actors.

Grill me, I dare you!
My Reviews