Say Something Negative About a Favourite Film and..

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
The Blues Brothers just isn't that funny.

Blade actually is kind of cool.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
The Godfather is overlong.

Twilight had a good soundtrack.

A Nightmare on Elm Street (the original) has a somewhat frustrating, unsatisfying ending (yet, I think it helps the film, too, when you consider the original ending Wes Craven had in mind.)

Where the Wild Things Are makes a lot of people happy (but not me).

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
Pretty in Pink has a slightly unsatisfying ending (but kind of makes up for itself because Andrew McCarthy looks like he'd be the best kisser ever).

The Pianist was, like, beautifully shot, or something.

The Pianist was, like, beautifully shot, or something.
And had good acting But yeah, after that, not much going for it.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
I like the way Tom Cruise says "Fidelio" in Eyes Wide Shut. That's about all I can salvage from that one.

2001: A Space Odyssey --- The bad thing is Kubrick wasn't immortal... or at least a highlander.

Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind --- This film's title can easily translate to how I visually thought this movie played out: "Nausea of the Valley of the Vomit". It wasn't a "bad" movie... it just was gross.
Imagine an eye unruled by man-made laws of perspective, an eye unprejudiced by compositional logic, an eye which does not respond to the name of everything but which must know each object encountered in life through an adventure of perception. How many colors are there in a field of grass to the crawling baby unaware of 'Green'?

-Stan Brakhage

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind- Not too big a fan of the last image.

2001: A Space Odyssey - was way ahead of it's time.

Suspect's Reviews

Rosemary's Baby was made before I existed.

Pirates of the Carribean is pleasing to the mentally handicapped.

Good idea for a thread. I'll have to give this some more thought but my problem is that I don't actually dislike very many movies so I have to choose ones that I just feel indifferent or ambivalent towards.

Something bad about a favorite:
Blow Out uses a seemingly-illogical plot device in order to make way for the operatic finale and a clever epilogue. Overall I found the movie very satisfying but I wish the plot was tighter.

Something good about a non-favorite:
While I don't quite dislike A Matter of Life and Death, some mofos gave me grief for giving it an average score and finding it uneven. On the other hand I remember at least one scene that seems beautifully done, and that's when the hero wakes up on a dream-like beach and for a short time thinks he's died and gone to heaven. That scene seemed to be captured by a much more ambiguous and artistic eye than the talky final act of the movie, which is weighed down by an illogical trial that is about a melodramatic comparison between personal love and international relations. Before I leave on a negative note, another thing that I liked about it is that the movie is structured to leave the ending open to a couple of different interpretations. None of my ambivalence about the A Matter of Life and Death overall can negate the fact that it has some beautiful individual scenes and an interesting structure, which is why I can't disown it.

Nobody can think of anything good about The Pianist? What about the full frontal shot of Harvey Keitel???!!!

Jk lol

In all seriousness, I thought the Pianist was beautiful in a way. Its an art film.

The Thin Red Line was complete donkey *****. Terrence Malick is the most overrated hack.

Episodes 1 & 2 of Star Wars trilogy was the most expensive toy catalog ever produced (never saw 3 cause the first 2 were just so bad), and George Lucas is an overrated hack. Watch this fictional world flourish in films when he one day dies.

Any Twilight film ruins the minds of teenaged girls worldwide, and causes migraines to the adolescent boys forced to bring their dates to see them. the pain would be equivalent to a vampire in sunlight...but oh wait! That just makes them shine pretty. My bad

I think you completely missed the point of this thread. And The Thin Red Line was incredible.

He's got a point about twilight tho... the migrane thing you have to admit was pretty good lol.