Best Christmas Movies...

Tools    

beavis and butthead do christmas

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Ok people, it's that time again. Post your favorites (if you haven't already).
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Semper Fooey
For me it sure isn't It's a Wonderful Life. Jump, George! Don't listen to Clarence.

While I don't consider It's a Wonderful Life a Christmas movie, most people do, so that one tops the list. By that same token Meet John Doe could be a Christmas movie, since its final scenes also occur on Christmas Eve. Other favorite Christmas movies would be:

A Christmas Story
Christmas Vacation
Elf
Scrooge (Alistair Sim version)
Miracle on 34th Street (original)
White Christmas
Scrooged
Home Alone

For TV specials:
A Charlie Brown Christmas
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
Frosty the Snowman
How the Grinch Stole Christmas

I didn't see Disney's A Christmas Carol in the theater last year, but I think that one looks really good and I want to see it on DVD this year.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
While most Christmas movies can be viewed on cable (or network television), and still retain everything that makes them good, the one movie that shouldn't be viewed on TV would have to be:

Bad Santa

The "edited for television" version just isn't as good, IMO.

Me, my wife and children always enjoyed watching A Christmas Story around the holidays.

Scrooged

A person is smart. People are dumb
The Muppet Christmas Carol. Every Christmas, without fail, I watch this one. There's something interesting about how it is made with puppets, but the Ghost of Christmas Yet To Come is still pretty creepy in its scene. I once saw an advert for this done to the tune of Trepak from The Nutcracker, and both the tune and the film now signify Christmas to me.

I thought Elf was simply charming.

I would have to say Santa Clause, you know the one with Dudley Moore and John Lithgow.
I remember watching that on TV as a kid, and then they stopped playing it at Christmas, so when I found it on Amazon.com last year, I was over the moon. It's still as awesome as I remember it.

I would have to say Santa Clause, you know the one with Dudley Moore and John Lithgow.
I remember watching that on TV as a kid, and then they stopped playing it at Christmas, so when I found it on Amazon.com last year, I was over the moon. It's still as awesome as I remember it.
My sister loves this p.o.s. and I always tease her about watching it. It still gets shown most years over here, which always makes her happy, so I guess it has some purpose.

Haunted Heart, Beautiful Dead Soul
My sister loves this p.o.s. and I always tease her about watching it. It still gets shown most years over here, which always makes her happy, so I guess it has some purpose.

look lookie the movie forum has their own Grinch

personally, I love A Christmas Story. how can you go wrong with a leg lamp, a bb gun, and Ralphie?

Back to The Future Part 3

A Charlie Brown Christmas

lunchtimewithdad.com
My favorite is Christmas Vacation with Chevy Chase. So funny.

lunchtimewithdad.com
Christmas Vacation with Chevy Chase is probably my all time favorite.

I also vote for Jingle All the Way. Its not really in the spirit of Christmas but I am a certified Arnold fan and I can't resist. Turtleman.....lol.