Which is the best Batman?

Tools    

Yeah, I also voted for Batman returns.

Mask of the Phantasm is awesome!
I totally agree, easily one of the best adaptations of Batman. I enjoyed that heaps, that and Under the Red Hood. Did you like that?

I like the original with Michael Keaton as far as quality goes but something in me really likes Batman and Robin as well. Its cheezy, but so was the old show on tv as well as the old comic, and I truly believe it was all intentional. It's very comic book-e but didn't Batman start off as just that???

P.S.

While the new Batmans are ok and all, does anyone else have a problem with people basically rewriting what has already been covered? Its sort of a blasphemy or at least a slap in the face to the people who did it first I think. "Oh your version of the Joker was ok but I think it should have been like this..." sort of a jackass move in my opinion. The joker was covered in the first one, nuff said.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Mask of the Phantasm =

As far as Batman and Robin goes, I don't champion it but I don't understand the hate AT ALL. Actually, maybe I should add it to my other movies that people hate but I like, but then I'd also have to add Batman Forever.

My other ones I usually list that I like that "normal" (HA!) people hate are Showgirls, Howard the Duck, Waterworld and Speed Racer.

Back to the Batmans, I posted this quote before and I think it's a good one: "If there's anyone that let's say loved Batman Forever and went into Batman & Robin with great anticipation, if I disappointed them in any way, then I really want to apologize, 'cause it wasn't my intention. My intention was just to entertain them." - Joel Schumacher

Ha, I like that quote lol it kind of really sums up the movie. If you just let yourself get into the movie and relax and don't expect too much you can have a good time. Just have to let go of your hangups before you press play on this one.

Thanks for sharing the quote mark, hadn't read about that before.
I did know that Schumacher was begging to be allowed to make another Batman film & he promised that he would please all fans... I must be the only person in the world who would give him that chance.

I do like all the movies you have mentioned mark, except for Showgrls, which i haven't seen.

I have mentioned Batman & Robin around here a lot of times.. It's a fun film if taken as a spoof... People tend to take it far too seriously..
But I guess people left their Bat-humour back in the 60's.

You think its a spoof?
I don't agree... Its not making fun of batman movies, its just a lighthearted attempt at one.

Semper Fooey
Showgirls sucked. Howard the Duck sucked, Waterworld sucked, and i didn't see Speed Racer as it got horrible reviews and I didn't particularly like the cartoons to begin with. Never saw Batman and Robin because I didn't like Batman Forever. Mediocre treament of the Ridddler and an awful one of Two Face, a complete misunderstanding of the character.

The Dark Knight

Will, you should try Batman and Robin. I didn't like returns either. I found it couldn't make up its mind if it wanted to be heavy or light. Jim Carrey is too typecast for one thing. Batman and Robin is a fun one, no heavy thinking required.

Gotham City: dark, dangerous, 'protected' only by a mostly corrupt police department. Despite the best efforts of D.A. Harvey Dent and police commissioner Jim Gordon, the city becomes increasingly unsafe...until a Dark Knight arises. We all know criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot...so his disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts. He becomes a bat.I am a big fan of batman.

Keven Conroy would have made the best live action batman imo.