Clint Eastwood's The Mule

Tools    

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

This might just do nobody any good.
Sorry, Clint, but Unforgiven was the perfect summation and subversion of your career and on-screen persona.

But I guess there is something to be said about Eastwood directing and starring in a film about an aging middle American being coerced into a life of crime by Mexicans.

The truth is in here
This trailer honestly gave me chills. It doesn't give away too much, and seeing Clint's acting abilities is still in top form is absolutely delightful. I can't wait for this to come out!

this trailer looks like a piece of ****.....I don't think this story warrants a movie. I took a dump the other day..is Clint Eastwood willing to make a movie about it ? What happened to Clint ? he seems to be making true life stories and every one of them look the same. If you showed me a scene from sully vs American sniper and 13 to Paris ..all have the same cinematography and this bland look.....I will be shocked if this movie gets any awards attention. It just a genre thriller based on true story.

This looks decent. I'd see it. I like Clint Eastwood. Not every one of his movies are good but he still knows how to do his thing. Good to see Dianne Wiest working still.

Shoot, Eastwood is almost 90 yrs old and he's still directing and starring in movies not afraid to dabble in modern trends (hopefully effectively).

I wonder what I'll be doing at 88 years of age.

Welcome to the human race...
Saunch is right - the dude already did his best "old man sort of does the right thing" movie almost 30 years ago now and anything beyond that seems like an exercise in diminishing returns (yes, even Gran Torino). Between the prospect of it being his last on-screen role and the likelihood that it'll play like his other recent "real hero" movies, it really does not sound like an enticing proposal

I do not agree with his politics. I'm not even a huge fan of his movies. There are maybe just a few of his movies that I really love. But I do appreciate him. Especially at his age consistently churning out one movie after another year after year. And his ability to act in the lead role and direct at the same time. At his age. This man demands respect in the industry. A true Hollywood living legend.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Trailer looks good, but not holding out hope as he hasn't made a good movie for ages.

This looks like the most exciting movie that Eastwood has made since at least "Gran Torino." A new TV spot and the poster have been released, and both look good.

TV spot: https://www.ispot.tv/ad/dxpJ/the-mule-movie-trailer

Welcome to the human race...
I gave it a
. Not the worst movie he's ever done but his crusty old guy schtick (as both actor and director) has definitely worn very thin by this point.

I thought it was okay, around a 3/5.

You ready? You look ready.
I saw it. It was alright.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Might just wait it out for Rental. Interested in the general idea. Wouldn’t mind more movies about Mexico, crossing the borders, etc similar to sicario.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I can almost buy an old man being so naive as to not question ANYTHING, but not so much a drug lord being so casual and inviting. And all the extra cash and purchases never sent a red flag up...or 20? Technically it's a fine movie. But it is quite silly.

2.75/5