Make Your Picks

Mikey and Nicky

Tools    

This might just do nobody any good.
This is definitely on my list.

Elaine May is one of the cinematic omissions in trying to cover.

Awww, that's too bad. Do you have a link to the thread? I'd love to read them!
I have a hard time finding old threads, but it's in the tournament sub-forum. I'd say it was between the 8th and 11th HoFs.

I Enjoy Working With People
That's a film I've been intending to see and have not yet seen - I appreciate the reminder. Cassavetes and Elaine May - that's a great combination!

I had never heard of "A New Leaf" - I'll look for that one.

-- HAL9000

I liked it but it's not my favourite Cassavettes.

A women under the Influence probably is. Followed by Husbands.

Cassavetes starring?
Elaine May wrote and directed.
It's kind of an odd one where it feels like something Cassavetes would do (Chinese Bookie being the one that I'd mentally compare it to), but a little more cleaned up and all of the interactions have this deadpan, bleak comedic angle to them (which... actually, might not be that far out of line with a number of Cassavetes films now that I think about it).

Cassavetes starring?
Elaine May wrote and directed.
It's kind of an odd one where it feels like something Cassavetes would do (Chinese Bookie being the one that I'd mentally compare it to), but a little more cleaned up and all of the interactions have this deadpan, bleak comedic angle to them (which... actually, might not be that far out of line with a number of Cassavetes films now that I think about it).
Ah yeah I always think it's a JC directed film! I've not seen The Killing of a Chinese Bookie, need to rectify that.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Elaine May definitely did it in Cassavetes' style.
10/10

Video with better quality and no Turkish subtitles

Ah yeah I always think it's a JC directed film! I've not seen The Killing of a Chinese Bookie, need to rectify that.

The only Cassavetes movie I didn't like, despite a couple of viewings.