Dadgumblah
Sedai
Captain Spaulding
Ms. M
Camo
The Gunslinger45
Joel
Sexy Celebrity

Notes- The Gunslinger edged out Holden Pike in a match between two excellent members who don't come around a whole lot, although I did see Holden Pike several times recently on Camo's Album Countdown. Mr Minio, who often takes sh~ts on my threads, got beat out by Dadgumblah, who always reps my "Rate the Last Movie You Saw" posts. Sexy Celebrity fell behind heavy underdog NedStark09 2 to 1, but then coasted to victory. Another reminder, I'll stay consistent with the rules in the first post. It's best out of 7- so first to 4 votes wins. That will keep the tournament flowing fast without having to wait arbitrarily for a bigger pool of ballots to come in. It was hard to see Doubledenim against Joel already, but as I'll get into in the next post, I'm not picking the matchups. I said I'd be transparent, so I'll get more into that next.

And don't forget to get in your vibe in here. Fun music, pictures, gifs, ideas, battle music, WAR MUSIC, yoga music, whatever!

This is how I set up the tournament, for anyone who's interested.

Applied the model of the NCAA College Basketball Tournament attached below. There are four regions of sixteen teams each, and within each region, teams are seeded 1 through 16. In the overall tournament, that means there are four #1 seeds, four #2 seeds, four #3 seeds, etc, etc, up to four #16 seeds. I then matched that to MovieForums members. Here's my handwritten notes from yesterday when I set this up. I'll post the next part of the First Round shortly.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	ncaaTournament.png
Views:	98
Size:	176.2 KB
ID:	47394   Click image for larger version

Name:	notes img.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	374.6 KB
ID:	47395  

Round 1 continued

vs.

@Swan vs. @Fabulous

vs.

@Gatsby vs. @Omnizoa

vs.
@honeykid vs. @MovieGal

vs.

@TONGO vs. @ash_is_the_gal

vs.
@TheUsualSuspect vs. @pahaK

vs.

@seanc vs. @iank

vs.

@gbgoodies vs. @mojofilter

vs.

@Yoda vs. @Saunch

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	tot hlwn.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	47397  

vs.

@Swan vs. @Fabulous
Fabulous, Swan's great and very funny and insightful. But I vote for Fabulous as I feel he never gets enough MoFo love! and he works really hard at posting in Rate the Movies You Saw Last Night.

vs.

@Gatsby vs. @Omnizoa
Gatsby, super nice guy. Omni is a very unique, intelligent person and I like the avatar...hmm maybe I should have voted for Omni?

vs.
@honeykid vs. @MovieGal
MovieGal always a favorite member, and glad she's back here among us MoFos. Honeykid is way cool too but I haven't seen him post as much lately.

vs.

Tongo, both of them can go ape**** at times, but Tongo does it with humor.

vs.
@TheUsualSuspect vs. @pahaK
PahaK, he's never meet a film with a teen girl he didn't like..and he hates every other film And he's an HoF homie

vs.

@seanc vs. @iank
Seacnc though iank is prettier, I don't know that person? Sean's a bro, too bad he's not around much.

vs.

GBgoodies, if it wasn't for me she wouldn't be here, but either would I! A dear lady Mojo is cool too, runs a smooth song tournament!

vs.

@Yoda vs. @Saunch
Saunch, never heard of Yoda (of course he's cool!) I just want to give some recognition to the underdog here

Swan

Gatsby

Honeykid

Ash

Suspect

Sean

Gbg

Saunch

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

Swan vs Fabulous

Fabulous is cool but everyone loves Swan.

Gatsby vs Omnizoa

Omni brings a lot to the table but I've had much more interaction with Gats.

HK vs MovieGal

MG is one of my best buds here, but not only is HK one of the all time greats, he's the member most responsible for me being here.

Tongo vs Ash

Ash is an important member but we butt heads occasionally. I actually like that but I've had some great laughs with Tongo.

TUS vs pahaK

This hurts because I've quickly grown fond of pahaK and probably have had more interaction with him than TUS. I got to know TUS more during Survivor though, and his body of work here cannot be overlooked.

seanc vs iank

I like iank but that's a bad draw against someone who's long term and awesome.

Gbgoodies vs Mojo

Terrible to vote against either, but Gb just isn't posting enough.

Yoda vs Saunch

Easy vote because I like Saunch and Yoda doesn't care about these things.

Round 1 continued

Swan vs. Fabulous
I love Swan, and don't know Fabulous apart from the just watched or watching tonight threads.

Gatsby vs. *Omnizoa
The first HOW DARE YOU of this continued round. I like both, *but have a slight crush on Omnizoa. Hai!

honeykid vs. MovieGal
...and the second HOW DARE YOU.

TONGO vs. ash_is_the_gal
DAMN, hard one as ash and I rep each others' personal pics, but TONGO and I have the same super power.

TheUsualSuspect vs. pahaK
It's gotta be TUS , with a soft spot head tilt to pahaK for knowing Black Widow but not CAN.

seanc vs. iank
I don't really know either, but seanc played in my first Survivor game.

gbgoodies vs. mojofilter
*gasp* Tough one! I've tortured both of them with weird music in the music tournaments HOW DARE YOU!!!

Yoda vs. Saunch
Yoda gets my vote, NOT because he and administers the site, but because he patiently puts up with quite a few weird questions from me and never complains.

Round 1 continued

vs.

@Swan vs. @Fabulous
Besides Sexy Celebrity, Swan is the MoFo with whom I've interacted the most during my time here, especially on a personal level. He's an amazing dude. Great personality, big heart, smart, funny, talented. I consider him a true friend. As for Fabulous, he stole my thunder in the MoFo Fantasy Football league in our rookie year by winning the championship, so that's reason enough for me to vote against him. Vote: Swan.

vs.

@Gatsby vs. @Omnizoa
I'm very happy to see Gatsby being much more active on the forum lately. He's another MoFo whom I consider a friend and we've had some fun times on here in the past. Omnizoa has a big personality, but he can also be a bit off-putting anytime he enters debate mode. Vote: Gatsby.

vs.
@honeykid vs. @MovieGal
Difficult match-up. I love MovieGal and I'm glad to see she's posting again on the forum. Whenever I need advice on how to dispose of a corpse, she's the first person I ask. It's a shame that honeykid doesn't post as much on the forum. He's a stand-up dude. Gonna go with the upset here for a little August madness. Vote: MovieGal.

vs.

I've interacted with TONGO more than ash_is_the_gal, and he's a fun competitor in the fantasy football league, so I'll go with the gorilla here. Vote: TONGO.

Another difficult match-up. pahaK is one of the few new members that has stood out to me. I keep meaning to give his film diary a proper read since I notice he watches a lot of cool, outside-the-box stuff, even if he seems to hate 95% of what he watches. I've never interacted with TheUsualSuspect much, but I always enjoy his reviews and I think he's another valuable MoFo. Vote: TheUsualSuspect.

vs.

@seanc vs. @iank
Don't know much about iank except he's got a huge boner for Emma Watson. Fortunately I follow seanc on Letterboxd, so I've still been able to interact with him plenty this year even though he's made himself scarce around the forum lately. Another stand-up dude. Very thoughtful and kind. Underrated sense of humor. I've always enjoyed hearing his thoughts on films, even if we have very different taste. Vote: seanc.

vs.

I appreciate that mojofilter takes the time to host so many song tournaments, but his tendency to post 16 sets at a time has killed my interest in them. Besides a shared love of country music, gbg and I have nothing in common, but I still think she's a welcome presence on the forum and is a very kind lady. Vote: gbgoodies.

vs.

@Yoda vs. @Saunch
I haven't seen enough of Saunch to form any sort of opinion on him/her. Yoda and I butted heads early in my time here due to my inability to keep my sense of humor on a PG-13 level, but I've since grown much respect and admiration for him and how he runs the forum. Very intelligent dude. Very fair. He's also the best fantasy football player I've encountered. Vote: Yoda.

Round 1

Difficult match-up. I love MovieGal and I'm glad to see she's posting again on the forum. Whenever I need advice on how to dispose of a corpse, she's the first person I ask. It's a shame that honeykid doesn't post as much on the forum. He's a stand-up dude. Gonna go with the upset here for a little August madness. Vote: MovieGal.
Love ya too Cap....I definitely know how to dispose of a corpse...already dead or alive and breathing..conscious or unconscious ....

We need to go have some terrible fun and bring a few friends...

I won't dance. Don't ask me...
Thanks for votes, but it's not my type of contest

Beside I have a problem with making decisions:

Anyway, have fun

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
*Sees seanc in the next match up round.*

Welp, that was fun while it lasted.

Suspect's Reviews

Brief apology for being at, like, 33% capacity in the beginning stages here as far as being unable to participate in the actual voting due to time constraints. Also haven't gotten to craft some more engaging visuals and setups for the matches as I'd like. This week I get some time off, when I can get to more full speed and content. Thank you to all who are involved and are helping get this Tournament moving!