Original Motion Picture Score Tournament

Tools    

ROUND 1 DAY 1

Julian Nott- Train Chase (The Wrong Trousers)

Jerry Goldsmith - Patton Main Title Theme

Giorgio Moroder - Tony's Theme

Bill Conti - Training Hard (Theme from The Karate Kid)

John Morris - Mrs. Kendal's Theatre and Poetry Reading (The Elephant Man)

Michael Nyman- Big My Secret (The Piano)

Miklos Rosza - El Cid Main Title Theme

Richard Band - Re-Animator Theme

Let the night air cool you off
Julian Nott- Train Chase (The Wrong Trousers) VS. Andy Summers - Down And Out In Beverly Hills Theme

Fabio Frizzi - Suoni Dissonanti (Theme from City of the Living Dead) VS. Jerry Goldsmith - Patton Main Title Theme

Alan Silvestri - Main Score (Theme from Back To The Future) VS. Giorgio Moroder - Tony's Theme

Bill Conti - Training Hard (Theme from The Karate Kid) VS. Goblin - Tenebre (Theme from Tenebre)

John Carpenter - Assault on Precinct 13 Main Theme VS. John Morris - Mrs. Kendal's Theatre and Poetry Reading (The Elephant Man)

Danny Elfman - Attack of the Batwing (Batman) VS. Michael Nyman- Big My Secret (The Piano)

Miklos Rosza - El Cid Main Title Theme VS. Klaus Doldinger - Das Boot Theme

Richard Band - Re-Animator Theme VS. John Carpenter - Main Title (Them from Escape From New York)

ROUND 1 DAY 1

Julian Nott- Train Chase (The Wrong Trousers) VS. Andy Summers - Down And Out In Beverly Hills Theme

Fabio Frizzi - Suoni Dissonanti (Theme from City of the Living Dead) VS. Jerry Goldsmith - Patton Main Title Theme - Goldsmith wins for me because he's very unique and experimental. I liked the Simonetti-ish Frizzi score but I'm burned out on Goblin type music.

Alan Silvestri - Main Score (Theme from Back To The Future) VS. Giorgio Moroder - Tony's Theme - tough one but Moroder's stuff is just too modular and moody to not vote for. Incredible atmospherics in this piece.

Bill Conti - Training Hard (Theme from The Karate Kid) VS. Goblin - Tenebre (Theme from Tenebre) - The vocoder and stereo panned bass playing is too awesome to not vote for.

John Carpenter - Assault on Precinct 13 Main Theme VS. John Morris - Mrs. Kendal's Theatre and Poetry Reading (The Elephant Man)

Danny Elfman - Attack of the Batwing (Batman) VS.Michael Nyman- Big My Secret (The Piano) - beautiful piano piece but I'm for Elfman because the guy literally composes into a tape recorder while flying in a plane and then has his old guitar player from oingo boingo translate to the orchestra. Dude is a PIMP.

Miklos Rosza - El Cid Main Title Theme VS. Klaus Doldinger - Das Boot Theme - I really like the textural qualities of Doldinger's work. He's an energetic composer.

Richard Band - Re-Animator Theme VS. John Carpenter - Main Title (Them from Escape From New York) - Not much is gonna beat the EFNY theme,not even my nom of Richard Band's purposefully derivative Bernard Hermann knoc-off

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Round 1 Day 1

Fabio Frizzi - Suoni Dissonanti (Theme from City of the Living Dead) VS. Jerry Goldsmith - Patton Main Title Theme

Alan Silvestri - Main Score (Theme from Back To The Future) VS. Giorgio Moroder - Tony's Theme

Bill Conti - Training Hard (Theme from The Karate Kid) VS. Goblin - Tenebre (Theme from Tenebre)

Danny Elfman - Attack of the Batwing (Batman) VS. Michael Nyman- Big My Secret (The Piano)

Miklos Rosza - El Cid Main Title Theme VS. Klaus Doldinger - Das Boot Theme

Richard Band - Re-Animator Theme VS. John Carpenter - Main Title (Theme from Escape From New York) Both crummy

ROUND 1 SURVIVORS (So far...)

Andy Summers - Down And Out In Beverly Hills Theme
Jerry Goldsmith - Patton Main Title Theme
Giorgio Moroder - Tony's Theme
Goblin - Tenebre (Theme from Tenebre)
John Carpenter - Assault on Precinct 13 Main Theme
Danny Elfman - Attack of the Batwing (Batman)
Klaus Doldinger - Das Boot Theme
John Carpenter - Main Title (Them from Escape From New York)
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

ROUND 1 DAY 2

Star Trek Theme

Jerry Goldsmith - Papillon Main Title Theme

Randy Edelman - Dragon Theme (Theme from Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story)

Ennio Morricone- The Ecstasy of Gold (The Good, the Bad and the Ugly)

Magnificent Seven Theme

Angelo Badalamenti - Dub Driving/Lost Highway

Jack Nitzsche- Ending theme (One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest)

Ennio Morricone - La Lucertola (Theme from A Lizard in a Woman's Skin)

ROUND 1 DAY 2

Star Trek Theme VS. John Williams - Flying Theme

Jerry Goldsmith - Papillon Main Title Theme VS. Brad Fiedel - Main Title (Theme from Terminator 2: Judgment Day)

Randy Edelman - Dragon Theme (Theme from Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story) VS. Alexandre Desplat- Bean's Secret Cider Cellar (Fantastic Mr Fox)

Ennio Morricone- The Ecstasy of Gold (The Good, the Bad and the Ugly) VS. John Harrison - Prologue / Welcome to Creepshow (Main Title) (Theme from Creepshow) *alternate link

Magnificent Seven Theme VS. Mario Nascimbene - The Vikings Main Title Theme

Angelo Badalamenti - Dub Driving/Lost Highway VS. Vince Guaraldi Trio - Linus and Lucy (Charlie Brown)

The Seatbelts - Too Good Too Bad (Cowboy Bebop) VS. Jack Nitzsche- Ending theme (One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest)

Ennio Morricone - La Lucertola (Theme from A Lizard in a Woman's Skin) VS. Eric Serra - GoldenEye Overture

Round 1, Day 2

Jerry Goldsmith - Papillon Main Title Theme VS. Brad Fiedel - Main Title (Theme from Terminator 2: Judgment Day)-Gets me a bit emotional. Watched it last year remastered in the cinema on the very last night of the summer holidays. Always reminds me of the adventure of the characters and the coldness of the theatre and the final scene.

Randy Edelman - Dragon Theme (Theme from Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story) VS. Alexandre Desplat- Bean's Secret Cider Cellar (Fantastic Mr Fox)

Ennio Morricone- The Ecstasy of Gold (The Good, the Bad and the Ugly) (-Favourite piece of soundtrack of all time btw.) VS. John Harrison - Prologue / Welcome to Creepshow (Main Title) (Theme from Creepshow) *alternate link

Angelo Badalamenti - Dub Driving/Lost Highway VS. Vince Guaraldi Trio - Linus and Lucy (Charlie Brown)

The Seatbelts - Too Good Too Bad (Cowboy Bebop) VS. Jack Nitzsche- Ending theme (One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest)

Ennio Morricone - La Lucertola (Theme from A Lizard in a Woman's Skin) (Why are Cats noms so good?) VS. Eric Serra - GoldenEye Overture (This nom was better though)

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
ROUND 1 DAY 2

Jerry Goldsmith - Papillon Main Title Theme VS. Brad Fiedel - Main Title (Theme from Terminator 2: Judgment Day)

Ennio Morricone- The Ecstasy of Gold (The Good, the Bad and the Ugly) VS.John Harrison - Prologue / Welcome to Creepshow (Main Title) (Theme from Creepshow)

Elmer Bernstein - Magnificent Seven Theme VS. Mario Nascimbene - The Vikings Main Title Theme I love The Vikings - film, theme and score - I hope MoFos will watch it, but I can get that maybe The Magnificent Seven Theme is better, even if it ripped off The Big Country Theme.

The Seatbelts - Too Good Too Bad (Cowboy Bebop) VS.Jack Nitzsche- Ending theme (One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest)

Ennio Morricone - La Lucertola (Theme from A Lizard in a Woman's Skin) VS.Eric Serra - GoldenEye Overture

ROUND 1 DAY 2

1. Star Trek Theme VS. John Williams - Flying Theme

2. Jerry Goldsmith - Papillon Main Title Theme VS. Brad Fiedel - Main Title (Theme from Terminator 2: Judgment Day)

3. Randy Edelman - Dragon Theme (Theme from Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story) VS. Alexandre Desplat- Bean's Secret Cider Cellar (Fantastic Mr Fox)

4. Ennio Morricone- The Ecstasy of Gold (The Good, the Bad and the Ugly) VS. John Harrison - Prologue / Welcome to Creepshow (Main Title) (Theme from Creepshow) *alternate link
I can love you anyways Creepshow

6. Angelo Badalamenti - Dub Driving/Lost Highway VS. Vince Guaraldi Trio - Linus and Lucy (Charlie Brown)

7. The Seatbelts - Too Good Too Bad (Cowboy Bebop) VS. Jack Nitzsche- Ending theme (One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest)
The unconventional choice perhaps

8. Ennio Morricone - La Lucertola (Theme from A Lizard in a Woman's Skin) VS. Eric Serra - GoldenEye Overture

Round 1 Day 2

Ennio Morricone- The Ecstasy of Gold (The Good, the Bad and the Ugly) VS. John Harrison - Prologue / Welcome to Creepshow (Main Title) (Theme from Creepshow) *alternate link

Ennio Morricone - La Lucertola (Theme from A Lizard in a Woman's Skin) VS. Eric Serra - GoldenEye Overture

Let the night air cool you off

ROUND 1 DAY 3

John Carpenter - Halloween Theme Main Title (Theme from Halloween)

Bernard Herrmann - Taxi Driver - Main Title Theme

Ennio Morricone - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly Main Title Theme

angelo badalamenti laura palmer's theme/Twin Peaks' Original Sound Track

Rubber City - Perdita / Music from Wild at Heart

Manfred Hübler & Siegfried Schwab - Shindai Lovers (Vampyros Lesbos)

Stelvio Cipriani - Sophisticated Shake (Femina Ridens)

John Williams - Main Theme (Theme from Forrest Gump)

Round 1, Day 3

Vangelis- Tears in Rain (Blade Runner) VS. John Carpenter - Halloween Theme Main Title (Theme from Halloween)

Vangelis - End Titles (Theme from Blade Runner) VS. Bernard Herrmann - Taxi Driver - Main Title Theme

Ennio Morricone - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly Main Title Theme VS. Brian Tyler - The Hero's Hallway (Bubba Ho-Tep)

John Williams - Prelude and Main Title March (Theme from Superman) VS. angelo badalamenti laura palmer's theme/Twin Peaks' Original Sound Track (Extremely hard to pick, love them both)

Rubber City - Perdita / Music from Wild at Heart VS. Jerry Goldsmith - Carol Anne's Theme (Theme from Poltergeist)

Manfred Hübler & Siegfried Schwab - Shindai Lovers (Vampyros Lesbos) VS. Michael Nyman- Confusion (Man With a Movie Camera)

Stelvio Cipriani - Sophisticated Shake (Femina Ridens) VS. John Carpenter - The Fog Theme

Rupert Gregson Williams - One Man At A Time VS. John Williams - Main Theme (Theme from Forrest Gump)