My Top 100 Movies v2

→ in
Tools    

99. Back to the Future Part Two (1989)

The whole BTTF trilogy is awesome and it'll be hard to find someone that disagrees, I really like how the whole series can recycle old locales and still feel fresh at the same time. The comedy style of the franchise is so much to my liking, Michael J Fox is the perfect actor to get lost up in this universal whirlwind as Marty McFly.

98. The Ring (2002)

This horror movie really caught my attention when I first watched it due to its heavy use of blue and grey tinting, something you see so much in movies these days, they're trying to be realistic I guess. Anyways, the gritty and bleak horror in The Ring is refreshing to see. It perfectly blends dreaded atmosphere and effective jump scares effortlessly.

97. Total Recall (1990)

A fun, balls-to-the-wall sci-fi action movie with Arnie, what else could you want? It's something you could just turn on and enjoy within a moment's notice.

96. 48 Hours (1982)

Nick Nolte and Eddie Murphy are a hilarious duo in this buddy-cop adventure, Nolte is always great as the grouchy sage and Murphy, he's a comedy legend. It's a recipe for disaster or hilarity.

95. 10 Cloverfield Lane (2016)

This is slow burn as they come, a really tense thriller that'll keep you glued to the screen till the end. About that end, shame. Still, it's a terrific film. John Goodman is scary in his role as a manipulative father-figure.

94. Predator (1987)

A stellar action movie with lots of memorable quotes and scenes. The final cat-and-mouse chase scene between Arnold and the Predator is an awesome example of how a methodical approach can work in an action movie.

93. Titanic (1997)

This film is iconic for its depiction of the famous Titanic sinking but what really make it is DiCaprio and Winslet performances and the development of their relationship over the course of the film.

92. The Matrix (1999)

A classic Sci-Fi/Action movie, chock full of cool fight scenes, futuristic zing and badass characters.

91. Spider-Man (2002)

The only Spider-Man movie I really love, a great origin story and has the best villain in the series by a mile. I also think this was the most emotionally connected film in the series.

90. The Shawshank Redemption (1994)

The quintessential prison drama, such a journey through and through.

89. Wall Street (1987)

Charlie Sheen and Michael are great in their roles as money hungry wall street workers.

88. Back to the Future (1985)

The 80s personified with this all-time classic.

87. I Walk The Line (2005)

A top-grade biopic with stellar performances from the likes of Joaquin Phenoix and Reese Witherspoom.

86. The Witch (2016)

Akin to 10 Cloverfield Lane, slow burn to the core but with much more horrific execution and content. This is the stuff that makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up.

85. Straight Outta Compton (2015)

As a big fan of hiphop, this film resonated with me a lot. The actors are so good as their respective rap icon.

84. Charlie and The Chocolate Factory (2005)

I like the original but the outlandish style of Tim Burton's version really connected with me. Johnny Depp is near unrecognisable as the unstable factory owner, Willy Wonka.