The MoFo Top 100 Documentaries Countdown

→ in
Tools    

That's to be expected.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Thanks, Camo.
I hope they look how they supposed to. They're sort of art-deco billboards you'd find outside a 1930s cinema. With a few tweaks and additions in design by me of course.

Hope they work out.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Elton.jpg
Views:	1190
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	23646  

Watched Touching The Void in preparation for this list. It was decent but I wasn't crazy about the reenactments so it didn't have the impact it might have otherwise.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
First off, we need foster to post in here so he can get some rep for that personal story. Secondly, two surprisingly-good films at the bottom of the list. MoFos.

I haven't seen either of the first two. Touching the Void was recommended to me but I just didn't get to it.

37 points for 100th place isn't so shabby.

THE ONE POINTERS

Those films that recived only one point, one 25th place vote:

Who Killed Vincent Chin?
George Harrison Living in the Material World
Corta
National Geographic: The Skyjacker That Got Away
Usain Bolt: The Fastest Man Alive
Jupiter’s Wife
Kyoto, My Mother's Place
5 Broken Cameras
Memories of a Bright Future
OT: Our Town
No No: A Dockumentary
The Seahorse
Samsara
Dear Mr. Watterson
Chebeya Affair
All Aboard! Rosie's Family Cruise
Next Goal Wins
Faro-dokument 1979

My 1 point movie was All Aboard! Rosie's Family Cruise.

Arrrrrgh!
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rosie.JPG
Views:	1113
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	23650  

Wow, i was sure i'd be the only one to vote for my #25. That is definitely good news for a few films on my list then. I've heard of Who Killed Vincent Chin? and 5 Broken Cameras seen neither though.

I have not seen either of those. I expect any film from my list to barely make it, be very high up, or not make it at all.

And I also see Sexy is putting in extra effort for the Most Controversial MoFo award.

5 Broken Cameras
No No: A Dockumentary
Samsara
Dear Mr. Watterson
I've seen these four from the one pointers, three good and one excellent.

Samsara is of a certain style of filmmaking, if you like it then you'll like the film. Watch No No if you like pitchers on acid throwing no hitters (it's a pretty cool story). Watch Dear Mr Watterson if you like Canvin and Hobbes (who doesn't?). And 5 Broken Cameras if you want to see quality filmmaking (which in any other year could have easily won best documentary, but that year went up against Sugar Man). Or watch all of them regardless because they're all worth the time.