Angel Heart

→ in
Tools    

gave this movie a rewatch, havent seen it in years, what a great film, the direction, the spooky atmosphere, mikey rourke is great in this, the whole premise is great, in my list of the best movies. what do you think?

i think mikey rourke looking from distance at lisa bonet while she s wearing that light dress with no underwear i think is one of the sexiest scenes in movie history..never mind that sex scene.....amazing

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I really enjoyed this. I know who I am! And the soul/egg eating scene with De Niro freaked me out each time.

This might just do nobody any good.
I love De Niro as well. “Louis Cyphre” is a terrible dad joke, though.

The funny thing about his performance is that it’s basically a repurposed Bill the Butcher from when Scorsese was going to do Gangs of New York in the 80s. He even said he based it off Marty!

I never got round to watching this, I did watch the apparently similar "Devil's Advocate" with Al Pacino and Keenu Reeves though. That was a pretty cool film.

I never got round to watching this, I did watch the apparently similar "Devil's Advocate" with Al Pacino and Keenu Reeves though. That was a pretty cool film.
u should definitely go watch it right this moment

Just re-watched it for the first time after seeing it in the 80's.
First hour is still near perfect great, with a good/ok ending.
Forgot to nominate it for the MoFo Top 100 Horror Movies.
-

*and yes Lisa Bonet was damn fine in this one..

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I saw the movie again, after quite a few years. I feel that it's close but no cigar perhaps, as the cinematography, sets, music, costumes and acting is all very good actually. The style is great!

However, once the ending comes and the you find out what the private detectives investigation all amounts too, it doesn't really amount to much. There are all these deaths, and people who wanted the main character out of the way, trying to stop him along the way, but in the end, you find out that all these characters and their subplots in the investigation didn't even matter.

It's like the writers thought well, we have a premise, and we have an ending to that premise, now we need to find things to fill in the space in between. Unless I'm looking at it the wrong way?

Still love the style and atmosphere, and it might be worth watching just for that!