The MoFo Top 100 Animated Films - The Countdown

→ in
Tools    

If you're not interested in the animation countdown, there are plenty of other threads that you can read while you're waiting for the 1960s countdown to begin, or you can even start some new threads.
*thinks about this*

*nods in agreement*

Lars von Trier hates animation. Maybe weeman can make a "Sexy von Trier" video.
Ooooooh.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I voted for Frankenweenie, of course. It was my number 11.

I haven't seen Beautiful Day yet, but I need to for the HoF.

Burn. If you can get anyone to say they would pay $10 to see that in a theater, I will take it all back.
I'd pay $10 to see it in a theater.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

I'd pay $10 to see it in a theater.
But you could spend it on something really delicious to eat.......

Burn. If you can get anyone to say they would pay $10 to see that in a theater, I will take it all back.
Sold. And I'm sure there would be others in line behind me as well.

Sold. And I'm sure there would be others in line behind me as well.
Probably. They say there's a sucker born every minute.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
If anyone who hasn't seen it has a spare 16 mins, you should check out Logorama.

I finally found a few minutes to watch Logorama, and I thought it was pretty cool.
I didn't recognize all of the logos, but I recognized most of them, and the short was a lot of fun, and very clever.

You should consider entering it into one of the MoFo Shorts HOF Tournaments.

The debate with It's such a beautiful day... take into account that it's a compilation of short stories wrapped up as a common narrative piece. You will expect more stylized designs and forms coming from short films than features. Now, if we talk about Hertzfeldt there's no doubt he is very influenced by comic strips (it's hard to not see this in Ah, l'amour! or Rejected), but I would actually point at the narrative there; his stylistically simple designs do not belong by themselves to the realm of comic strips, they look more like the doodles you draw while you are attending a class or a conference. And in the particular case of It's such a beautiful day the narration deviates a lot, it turns abstract, experimental and introspective, so the similarities with a comic strip are, to me, very minor if not completely non-existent.

On Sexy Celebrity... let's all agree that he's too sexy for this countdown.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
It's hard not to see Frozen as an accurate depiction of Walt Disney's current state.

Walt Disney's death spawned two rumors that became urban legends.

The truth is:
1) He did NOT have his body cryogenically frozen.
2) He was NOT buried somewhere on the grounds of Disneyland.

The fact is that Walt Disney was cremated, and his ashes interred at Forest Lawn Cemetery in Los Angeles, California.

Why does everyone find Grace scary? Miss Vicky was creeped out by it, too. Is it the weird shots of things like her white-as-a-pearl teeth? The music? The physical transformations the girl goes through? The theme itself? What is it?
It's the music, the closeup of her eyes, how she seems to be in a painting or a mirror at the begining.