SONG TOURNAMENT 28

Tools    

Let the night air cool you off
I totally respect your opinion however please note that usually I choose the songs that hit me at the moment of tournament and there is always some personal touch to it attached. Honestly, I disliked half of the songs that were nominated but I'm trying to see a bigger picture and respect a peer's pick of songs. Tournaments without a theme are very very hard but i respect them. Yes i have nominated Old man as it was vy strong at the time as well as Stand By Me because is powerful simply. I don't really care about previous tournaments as I always nominate what's in my musical mind at the moment. I only want to see the other nominees what's on my mind.
Keep doing you, bro. I am not telling you not to do anything.

I love country music, and it's nice to see that you are open minded enough to enjoy this much maligned or ignored (at least online and by uppity music critics) genre of beautiful music.
I don't care if people malign or ignore something. I like what I like and don't really care how others feel about it. I try to be open minded though because I know there's lots of good music (and movies, books, etc,) I've never heard about.

Perhaps you'll be more open minded about hip hop some day.
I kinda doubt it If it hasn't stuck in 30 or so years it probably never will.

I'm not glad you nominated Cradle of Filth or something. I'll be honest, a lot of your nominations are running together for me, so I don't really remember which is which. I think Cradle of Filth is one that I thought was pretty bad though.
I think Cradle of Filth was the most extreme of my songs so you're probably maligning the right one. Music like that isn't easy to get in especially if you don't listen to some metal or otherwise heavily distorted stuff already. Back when I was a kid it took me few years to "evolve" from traditional metal to death and black metal. Maybe you'll like stuff like that one day but more likely it'll be the same situation as with me and hip hop / rap.

@mojofilter
I'm glad you nominated that Matty Woods song. I've never heard of him before, and that song was chill. I'll need to listen to it again and pay closer attention to the lyrics to see how I really feel about it, but as of now I'll say I enjoy it.

I'm not glad you nominated "Paperback Writer" by The Beatles. It's a pretty soulless Beatles track, the type of track that I think of when I think about not liking them. I feel like I need to listen to Pepper's real quick to get back on the right side of the Beatles. I almost went with "This is America" for this choice because of how incredibly overrated it, along with the video, which is shot well but nothing more, is. The Beatles grates me more though.
Matty Wood$ was something I came across randomly when I was working out at the gym one day and I had a Spotify hip-hop playlist going on my headphones. I'm not even remotely a fan, but I liked that song.

Anything by The Beatles is gold in my opinion. Paperback Writer is a song I've just lately had a new-found love for. And even if it is, as you say, a soulless track, it still managed to make it to the Final Four. That shows you the power of the Fab Four!
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Hey @Sexy Celebrity
After doing some adding, I see there have been 92 Song Tournaments.
Do you have a guess for how many of those you didn't play in?
You've won NINETEEN Song Tournaments!

I've probably played in about 5 of these.

Was in good shape with three songs in the final eight, until f*ing pahaK came back and that pesky Ned Stark put the final nails in the coffin of my three challengers!

Good going on hosting @mojofilter and @Sexy Celebrity on another win

. And even if it is, as you say, a soulless track, it still managed to make it to the Final Four. That shows you the power of the Fab Four!
I think it probably just has more to do with the fact that it's The Beatles. I don't know, but I've never really heard anybody, other than you, say they love the song. If somebody did say it in the thread, I missed it.

And my opinion doesn't really matter at all, clearly, because as you said it made it nearly to the end. I just thought it would be fun to share some thoughts.

I kinda doubt it If it hasn't stuck in 30 or so years it probably never will.
I feel like it's probably just that haven't found something that clicked yet.. and I get it. It can be a hard art form to understand. My biggest qualm for hip hop is that maybe it is not universal enough, but then again, that's one of the things that makes it what it is. The new Pusha T album is fantastic and has a running theme of being for a very specific group of people even inside of its own community. It's a little bit ironic that it's probably his most well received album, but I digress.

I think Cradle of Filth was the most extreme of my songs so you're probably maligning the right one. Music like that isn't easy to get in especially if you don't listen to some metal or otherwise heavily distorted stuff already. Back when I was a kid it took me few years to "evolve" from traditional metal to death and black metal. Maybe you'll like stuff like that one day but more likely it'll be the same situation as with me and hip hop / rap.
I don't really know exactly which types of metal I'll be into yet, but I'm not ruling anything out. The metal I like most nowadays is probably thrashier stuff and early Sabbath. I want to take a further dive into metal at some point, but I think I am slowly dipping my toes before taking that plunge.

I think it probably just has more to do with the fact that it's The Beatles. I don't know, but I've never really heard anybody, other than you, say they love the song. If somebody did say it in the thread, I missed it.

And my opinion doesn't really matter at all, clearly, because as you said it made it nearly to the end. I just thought it would be fun to share some thoughts.
Hope you didn't misunderstand me there. I was not offended by your comment/opinion.

It's all good, man.

I liked reading your thoughts!