Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

The Neon Demon (2016)
dir: he'll let you know in the credits for sure

I like abstract movies, especially ones that have lots of pretty scenes, sets, props, colors, movements, etc - but for me to like these kinds of movies, something has to accompany it. Humor, drama, some heart, some laughs, some suspense.

The Neon Demon is completely empty. The writing meanders so bad as to have Keanu Reeves play a pointless role as a sleazy hotel "rapist"(?). We never find out, thankfully. All I got were female models being completely shltty to each other. OK, I get it. That's the point. But the "innocent" character is so self centered, she calls up her make-up girl for a place to crash while she's witnessing a rape/murder in the hotel room next door. Doesn't bother to call the police. I guess it wouldn't be stylish or appropriately edgy to actually have a conscience. That'd be logic and clearly this film wants to avoid logic or good will or responsibility. So why should I care about anything then? Tell me why.

So, yeah. Not my kind of movie. Nothing for me. Nothing except lots of pretty colors, schemes, lights and glitter. It's an art student's wet dream, but not much else. Guess I'm not into sick minded movies like this. Guess I'm not cool anymore.

That's OK.

- for the design work throughout.

You can't win an argument just by being right!

A full bucket of aronofsky lunacy. That's a mad ride.

This might just do nobody any good.
On mother!
WARNING: spoilers below
Who/What is Kristen Wiig suppose to represent? General misinterpretation? I mean, that’s already covered by the mob. Is she the commercialization of religion?

On mother!
Who/What is Kristen Wiig suppose to represent? General misinterpretation? I mean, that’s already covered by the mob. Is she the commercialization of religion?
I just read his comment on that.

He wanted a recognisable face is what I saw. Just a bit of a splash of water in the face to bring you out of the fever dream. Sort of did exactly that for me. I read absolutely no reviews of this before going in; just posts in this and the what are you watching thread.

Yeah, okay. So he just wanted a laugh break amidst the Hieronymus Bosch sequence?

Yeah, okay. So he just wanted a laugh break amidst the Hieronymus Bosch sequence?
LOL yes! I didnt even really know who she was a part from seeing her in one or two movies, but she sort of looked normal compared to the other main characters, then she didnt, and BOOM.

Mrs Henderson Presents (Stephen Frears, 2005)

A film about putting the show in British show business

Y’know, there’s a throwaway thing Ed Harris does in mother! that stayed with me more than the hell on earth sequence...
It’s after his son dies, after they’ve gather around the table and get the whole afterlife promise. Mama J-Law™ walks in and glances at him. People are pouring in and he looks back at her with, what I thought was, remorse. Almost like he’s apologizing beforehand. I really liked that moment.

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (2017)

I think Guardians of the Galaxy is among the most overrated films of the recent past and I'm also not the greatest super-hero movie fan, but this was a very pleasant surprise.
I did not love every bit of it but there are some truly great moments! The last act, especially, is definitely among the best moments of all the Marvel cinematography.
I think they overused Groot's cuteness a little bit but my favourite part was with him. I liked how they explored Yondu and Nebula part in all this and for the first time since he's been making films, I liked Bautista!
A very nice watch!

@neiba

WTF EVER!!! ts one of the best comic book films ever!! Its full of action and great comedy. You, my friend, knows what I think of comdies. The conversations between Rocket and Star Lord is so funny. Groot is so luvable. The "sisterhood" between Gamora and Nebula is actually kind of sisterly. Always competitive and there is the jealousy factor. Draxx and Mantis interaction was funny as well.

The music is amazing! Vol 2 soundtrack is so much better than Vol 1 but still both are good.

And I have a ZUNE!!!!

Life (2017)

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
@neiba

WTF EVER!!! ts one of the best comic book films ever!! Its full of action and great comedy. You, my friend, knows what I think of comdies. The conversations between Rocket and Star Lord is so funny. Groot is so luvable. The "sisterhood" between Gamora and Nebula is actually kind of sisterly. Always competitive and there is the jealousy factor. Draxx and Mantis interaction was funny as well.

The music is amazing! Vol 2 soundtrack is so much better than Vol 1 but still both are good.

And I have a ZUNE!!!!
I was not a fan of the first one. This one made me actually laugh sometimes! Especially Drax and Rocket. I still don't care for Star Lord :/ sorry!

Hounds of Love (2016)

-

Spoilers This is one of those "based on real events" type of horror/crime films. It's the kind of movie that's right up my alley, the kind that I'll like more than most people do. The Aussies do this kind of thing as good or better than anyone. Set in Perth in the 1980's, an apparent serial killer couple abduct a local teen girl with the lure of some good weed. Before she realizes what kind of trouble she's in, she's chained to a bed. The man is a wimp outside the house and the wife is jealous of the girl. It's a well made movie with strong acting. It's terrifying and upsetting without relying on extreme violence. My only minor issue was with the ending. I was hoping for a happy ending, but when it was over, I knew it would have been better had I been devastated. The closing song sucked. Overall I mostly loved the movie.

I was not a fan of the first one. This one made me actually laugh sometimes! Especially Drax and Rocket. I still don't care for Star Lord :/ sorry!
Its ok .. I forgive you... but dont let it happen again! LOL j/k

That's weird; I'm planning on watching that tomorrow for the first time.
I heard on the way home and just had to rewatch this

a few weeks ago, I watched

Revenge of the Nerds
Pretty Woman
Pretty In Pink (this is one of my favorites of all times)
One Crazy Summer

If I have time tomorrow, it will be Last American Virgin and later in the week a few others from the 80s...

Oh yeah, thats @Mr Minio love Nick Cage LOL

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
The closing song sucked.
You think Joy Division sucks? I've seen this but for some reason it never showed in my tabs. I give it

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Scrooged (1988)

Watched this on Christmas Eve. Always try for a Christmas movie and this was a first watch. Being a first watch there was no nostalgia and ehhhhh i just thought it was ok. Never really had a Lol moment or even much of a chuckle. Maybe I made a few grunting noises. One of the employees he fired, the guy from Police Academy..he was essentially playing the same character he did in Police academy and it felt out of place. It’s watchable, not terrible but not a movie I’d watch again.

It makes me want to see a very serious and dark Scrooge movie. One set in our modern day, maybe with technology, selfishness, money, power themes mixed of course with the supernatural past, present and future. Hopefully Spielberg or Dennis vellenueve read this post and make it happen. Hope Disney doesnt read it as they have ruined enough.

3/5