what do you think of paris hilton

Tools    

so what do you guys think of paris hilton going to jail? pro?con?

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
I think it's just and hilarious!

Did you see the MTV movie awards? Sarah Silverman did some great jokes on Paris who was sitting in the audience!

Seriously though, in this society if you never have to deal with the consequences of your actions you turn out like Paris. Only most aren't rich, thin or famous, they just get to do the "de de de" part or worse.

Drinking and driving is a serious offense, it was handled correctly, she's serving her time.

If you're asking if I feel any schadenfreude that such an overpublicized twit is in the slammer, sure, who doesn't?
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Paris Hilton doesn't deserve to be treated any better than you or me, or anyone else, just because she is from a wealthy family and is a "celebrity". If you can play, you can pay and she deserves fully what she got.

love peace and chicken grease
i think she deserved to go to jail but i wish i was longer than what she got if it were someone who wasnt rich they would serving a longer time in jail. she has no talent whatsoever. she annoys the crap out of me!!!!
By streams that never find the sea;
Over snow by winter sown,
And through the merry flowers of June,
Over grass and over stone,
And under mountains in the moon.

Hahahah hope she doesnt ruin her teeth in jail on those bars!!

Hopefully this is a wakeup call, but usually it is not. Oh well I hope for her the best, but expect the worst.

Paris Hilton like you've never seen her before:

ZOOM, ZOOM, ZOOM!

Yeah I saw her cry and laughed. She needs to actually realize that the world doesnt just revolve around cell phones, make-up and Gucci Bags. She needs a good jolt. Maybe it will do her some good.

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
I totally think a nervous breakdown will only improve her personality.

Well, I can't actually think of much that could hurt it at this point.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
NO ONE but Paris Hilton has served more than two days in an LA County jail for the offense for which she was arrested.

Read that a few times and let it sink in before you say again that she doesn't deserve to be treated better than anyone else.

She has already served MORE time than anyone else - in case the math is baffling for those of you with tiny tiny minds. I'm no fan of Paris Hilton, but the pettiness in this thread is foul.

If she was charged with DUI, it is irrelevant if nobody else served the time she has so far. That is a serious or should be a very serious offense and to me, she is the perfect person to make an example of. She's rich, famous and annoying as hell lol.

If she was charged with DUI, it is irrelevant if nobody else served the time she has so far. That is a serious or should be a very serious offense and to me, she is the perfect person to make an example of. She's rich, famous and annoying as hell lol.
So if you envy her, then it's ok to be harsher to her than to anyone else?

So if you envy her, then it's ok to be harsher to her than to anyone else?
Are you trying to start something Samsonite? Where did I say I envied her in my post?
You come in here calling people petty to defend that little twit who was drinking and driving all because we feel she deserves more time in prison than you simply because 'nobody else' has gotten that amount of time which I highly doubt to begin with anyways. It's an offense that should be given a hell of allot more punishment than a slap on the wrist. It's an offense that kills people because of a selfish act where their needs come first before the well being of others. She knew what she was doing before she got behind that wheel. If she had hit a 10 year old child in the process that would be man slaughter and "OH The Out Cry" then. Sorry but I could give two sh*ts if she spends 45 days in jail using her blanket as her pillow. Poor little Paris.

She got that slap on the wrist the first time around regarding a DUI charge. How does she appreciate that? By violating her probation and by not even showing up to to enroll in an alcohol education course within 21 days of her sentencing. She showed not one ounce of responsibility for her actions. She should have gotten prison with the DUI charge that started it all.

its stupid
she didnt learn squat from this
she needs to pay for her
consequences , and spending like 40 days in her home does not do that
just because shes like Paris Hilton doesnt meanshe should be treated any different from anyone else

it really burns me up!!

Are you trying to start something Samsonite?
Might as well - we can't dance.
Where did I say I envied her in my post?
When you said she was rich, famous, etc.

You come in here calling people petty to defend that little twit who was drinking and driving all because we feel she deserves more time in prison than you simply because 'nobody else' has gotten that amount of time which I highly doubt to begin with anyways.
By KIMBERLY TRONE and PHIL PITCHFORD
The Press-Enterprise

"The reality... is that most offenders in Riverside and San Bernardino counties who are convicted of reckless driving and probation violations like Paris Hilton's will spend little -- if any -- time inside a county lockup.

A federal court order requires counties to begin releasing inmates once jails reach 98 percent capacity. Inland jails, like many across the state, are packed with sex offenders and violent criminals, many awaiting trial or transfer to the state's overflowing prison system. So sheriffs in both Inland counties are releasing other less violent offenders early as a way to relieve the pressure."

From SeattlePI News Source: (LA County Sherriff) Baca charged that Hilton received a more severe sentence than normal, which he said would have been either no time in jail or being directly placed in home confinement with electronic monitoring.

"The only thing I can detect as special treatment is the amount of her sentence," the sheriff said.

Contrast that with: "Judge Sauer gave no explanation of his ruling to return Hilton back to jail, but his comments throughout the hearing indicated he was affronted by Baca's decision..."

It's an offense that should be given a hell of allot more punishment than a slap on the wrist.
No, it shouldn't.

It's an offense that kills people
No, it doesn't. Slamming your car into people kills people. Driving drunk, while stupid and selfish, isn't by itself lethal.

...because of a selfish act where their needs come first before the well being of others. She knew what she was doing before she got behind that wheel. If she had hit a 10 year old child in the process that would be man slaughter and "OH The Out Cry" then.
If your grandmother hits a 10 year old child in the process of going to Bingo, the kid is just as dead. As a senior citizen, she is also drastically more likely to mow down another person. (see smartmotoris.com) No more driving for the AARP crowd then, right?

"A NHTSA study of 1995 FARS (Fatal Accident Reporting System) data reports that senior citizens accounted for:

* 5% of all people injured in traffic crashes
* 13% of all traffic fatalities
* 13% of all vehicle occupant fatalities
* 18% of all pedestrian fatalities"

Now, factor this in: "In the next 20 years the number of elderly drivers (persons 70 & over) is predicted to triple in the United States."

Sorry but I could give two sh*ts if she spends 45 days in jail using her blanket as her pillow. Poor little Paris.
I'm glad you clarified upthread that you're not jealous of her, otherwise this would have come off sounding like you just don't like her.

She got that slap on the wrist the first time around regarding a DUI charge. How does she appreciate that? By violating her probation and by not even showing up to to enroll in an alcohol education course within 21 days of her sentencing. She showed not one ounce of responsibility for her actions. She should have gotten prison with the DUI charge that started it all.
I don't think you realise the expense of what you're proposing here, and all to punish people for potential harm to others, not actual harm done.

When you said she was rich, famous, etc.
Again, where are the words "I ENVY HER because she's rich and famous"? Very rude of you to put words in my mouth like that.

No, it shouldn't.
Yes it should. Laws can be changed by the way.

No, it doesn't. Slamming your car into people kills people. Driving drunk, while stupid and selfish, isn't by itself lethal.
You are kidding me right lmao. Reminds me of when Tom Cruise tells Jamie Fox "I didn't kill him, the bullets and the fall killed him" heheh. It is negligence cause of their own drunken state that ables them to slam their cars into bodies. Killing isn't necessarily murder. Killing under the influence of alcohol to a degree is.

If your grandmother hits a 10 year old child in the process of going to Bingo, the kid is just as dead. As a senior citizen, she is also drastically more likely to mow down another person. (see smartmotoris.com) No more driving for the AARP crowd then, right?
If my grandmother isn't able to drive safely then no, she should not drive. Simply you saying because senior citizens are potentially higher to have accidents than the rest of us only shows that something has to be put in place there to make sure they are tested yearly or something. You make it sound as if I'm wanting to ban them all because of the stats. The only thing I'm for is allowing people who are mentally and physically safe to drive.......to drive. If they are not, like one who is drunk.......then no way.

"A NHTSA study of 1995 FARS (Fatal Accident Reporting System) data reports that senior citizens accounted for:

* 5% of all people injured in traffic crashes
* 13% of all traffic fatalities
* 13% of all vehicle occupant fatalities
* 18% of all pedestrian fatalities"

Now, factor this in: "In the next 20 years the number of elderly drivers (persons 70 & over) is predicted to triple in the United States."

Why are you even showing me these statistics. If there is a procedure in place that allows elderly individuals to pass their drivers tests and are fully functional then I'm all for it. If they fail that test then sorry, I'm not all for it. You seem to be shying away from giving all drunk drivers any responsibility here. Shame on you.

I'm glad you clarified upthread that you're not jealous of her, otherwise this would have come off sounding like you just don't like her.
And you came off in your first post to sound like an insulting little 10 year old child who likes to call people names if they don't agree with you.

I don't think you realise the expense of what you're proposing here, and all to punish people for potential harm to others, not actual harm done.
I have heard far too many stories when people charged with DUI eventually do it again only this time killing or paralyzing someone simply because they learned nothing from such a minor slap the first time around.

Again, where are the words "I ENVY HER because she's rich and famous"? Very rude of you to put words in my mouth like that.
I did not put words in your mouth. You said you don't feel sorry for her because she's rich and famous. I'm not being rude to see that as your thinking that her wealth and fame balance out the scales with the bad treatment she's getting now.

Yes it should. Laws can be changed by the way.
NO one said otherwise.

You are kidding me right lmao. Reminds me of when Tom Cruise tells Jamie Fox "I didn't kill him, the bullets and the fall killed him" heheh. It is negligence cause of their own drunken state that ables them to slam their cars into bodies. Killing isn't necessarily murder. Killing under the influence of alcohol to a degree is.
Killing while eating a cheeseburger is, as well, if you apply that logic. It's not illegal in many places to drive while eating, however. Your point would only hold if everyone who drove drunk killed someone. That's not the case. Paris Hilton, for example, hasn't killed anyone.

If my grandmother isn't able to drive safely then no, she should not drive. Simply you saying because senior citizens are potentially higher to have accidents than the rest of us only shows that something has to be put in place there to make sure they are tested yearly or something. You make it sound as if I'm wanting to ban them all because of the stats. The only thing I'm for is allowing people who are mentally and physically safe to drive.......to drive. If they are not, like one who is drunk.......then no way.

Why are you even showing me these statistics. If there is a procedure in place that allows elderly individuals to pass their drivers tests and are fully functional then I'm all for it. If they fail that test then sorry, I'm not all for it. You seem to be shying away from giving all drunk drivers any responsibility here. Shame on you.
I'm not shying away from it at all. I said it's a stupid and selfish thing to do. I'm merely pointing out that just because a person is drunk and driving does not mean they are harming anyone. They have an increased potential to harm someone, yes. But so does an elderly driver, yet we allow them on the road unmolested.

And you came off in your first post to sound like an insulting little 10 year old child who likes to call people names if they don't agree with you.
No, I'm calling people petty who take pleasure in someone else being treated badly. It's disgusting.

You're 0 for 3 in characterizing my posts. Maybe you should stick to debating your point and let the superfluous comments go.

I have heard far too many stories when people charged with DUI eventually do it again only this time killing or paralyzing someone simply because they learned nothing from such a minor slap the first time around.
When they do, then they've done someone harm. Until then, they haven't.

All of which doesn't change the fact that Paris Hilton is serving many times over the usual punishment for her crime, which is, as she herself pointed out, not right.