Hello, I'm a weird movie lover

Tools    

I'm a nerd with strange interest in weird and obscure movies. Because of that, it's hard for me to find a good place to talk about movies I love. I hope to engage in a good movie discussion, and at the same time chill out and chat

But despite being a nerd, I'm uterly stupid when it comes to technical aspects of movies like cinematography or acting. So I apologize in advance if I say anything stupid.

I'm hoping this forum will be a great experience for me

have you seen satantango?

Welcome!

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

I'm a nerd with strange interest in weird and obscure movies. Because of that, it's hard for me to find a good place to talk about movies I love. I hope to engage in a good movie discussion, and at the same time chill out and chat
Then you're in the right place! Everyone here is weird and lots of us like weird and obscure movies Oh and we love to talk to fellow weirdies

Welcome to MoFo...This is the perfect place to hang out and get to know people, while learning about movies and having fun!...All in a friendly environment...So what kind of weird and obscure movies do you like?

Then you're in the right place! Everyone here is weird and lots of us like weird and obscure movies Oh and we love to talk to fellow weirdies

Welcome to MoFo...This is the perfect place to hang out and get to know people, while learning about movies and having fun!...All in a friendly environment...So what kind of weird and obscure movies do you like?
Thank you for your welcome Yeah, the reason why I find it hard to share my interest is because I would say the name of a movie and people are like "what?" I have a taste for old film- noir and obscure European movies. Some of my favorite are: Purple Noon, Night and the City, Sorry Wrong Number, Rififi... Know any of them?

have you seen satantango?
Never heard of this one before, bur hey, it looks arty enough for my taste. Thanks!

@All thank you for your warm welcome

Thank you for your welcome Yeah, the reason why I find it hard to share my interest is because I would say the name of a movie and people are like "what?" I have a taste for old film- noir and obscure European movies. Some of my favorite are: Purple Noon, Night and the City, Sorry Wrong Number, Rififi... Know any of them?
I love old film noir, I've seen a lot of them too. Night and the City is great and has two of my favorite actors, Richard Widmark (well mostly in just noirs) and Gene Tierney in just about anything she did. If you click my profile and look at my top 10 movies you'll see one is Widmark in Pickup on South Street...and another has Gene Tierney in Leave Her to Heaven...Have you seen those, if not I highly recommend them.

I've seen Sorry Wrong Number, but I can't hardly remember it, which means I'm due for a rewatch Barbara Stanwyck is another all time fav of mine.

I've not seen Purple Noon and Riffi, I tend to levitate towards American noir from the 40s and 50s.

I've not seen Purple Noon and Riffi, I tend to levitate towards American noir from the 40s and 50s.
I assumed you saw Purple Noon as it was a HoF nom but maybe it was just before you joined. Rififi is great.

A system of cells interlinked
Hello and welcome!

[quote=cricket;1992212]I agree I may spend some time writing a review for it here one day.

Welcome!
Rififi is on my ' FAVORITE HEIST FILMS OF ALL TIME' list.
#11.. Have you seen; Le Cercle Rouge?, very similar to Rififi..
Yes! I watched Le Cercle Rouge right after Rififi. While Rififi is a bit more action-oriented, Le Cercle Rouge is more about people dealing with their inner demon. Apple and orange