The Videogames Tab

Tools    

there's a frog in my snake oil
@Seds - Where the hell are you finding stores to rob in town? I've blown T's last dime on pimping the hilariously bad Dukes style car, so want to go a'robbing to pay it off. All the stores I find are fronts - and don't think you can turn over barbers etc (and not going to try an AmmuNation!). I've only ever turned over the motorway gas stores.

---

Really enjoying the squashy fish-taily silliness of the 'Duke' either way. Good to find a car that'll let you drift like a maniac

Michael's boosted Pegassi is a joy to belt around on as well

My guys are so flat broke now they're def in need of a job or too tho. Wonder if they can turn tricks?

---

Lesson of the Day

You can't take photos while upside-down on a bike.

(Or at least not during the official jumps. I'm gonna keep trying )

---

Had the strange 'yoga mission' and actually found it quite an intriguing change of pace, given that it's just a QTE 'challenge' in theory. Wove pretty well into the story, as did the surreal end.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
What I have noticed with Trevor is...

WARNING: "This" spoilers below
If you pick up some random person from the game, they tend to be drunk and ask you to drive them to a certain place, you can do this for them or take them to the cult in the mountains for cash, this is hilarious and typical Trevor. Obviously im all for making cash

A system of cells interlinked
@Gol: You can Rob the gas stations and convenience stores that allow you to walk in - they are usually lit differently and easily visible from the road.

@Seds Aha, so it's just they're few and far between? Just hadn't spotted any then in town.

@mm Yeah there are Ring of Fire curry houses and all sorts, but not accessible. Is kinda a shame.

On the plus side, did some reading and it seems you can rob the barbers etc too, by drawing your gun before you enter the store (and possibly pointing at the owner in advance?). Then you get the cash by shooting the register. Sounds like you might have to kill the store guy to do it tho. Hmmm, wonder how you unlock the taser....

I don't remember asking you a ******* thing!
At least it's better than GTA IV. At least there's a lot more mission variety, better characters, and the city doesn't feel empty like Liberty City does. Not to mention the cars control much more like cars instead of boats. Best GTA so far, even if there are things that still bother me.

Yeah definitely feels like the best so far, and like there's loads more to explore. The car handling still bugs me a little, but think it has recaptured the fun side of things a lot more.

Online might add even more. Looks like they've stashed all the cops and robbers stuff there for a start (you can't do vigilante etc in single player any more).

*EDIT* @Seds Oh yeah sure, I'll be doing some drug running and such too, but just felt like escaping the cops in my nitro-whale of a car

*EDITEDIT*

Figured this GTA chat might be a bit torturous for those who are abstaining, so have made a thread HERE

The People's Republic of Clogher
I re-installed Fallout NV and modded the snot out of it. Hadn't really played much with Project Nevada but it's promising so far - It's Fallout Wanderer's Edition in New Vegas basically, but the mod didn't need to be quite as extensive because Obsidian added quite a few of FWE's features into the base game.

Bethesda make modding their games easy, but the proviso is that once published, they own the rights and can include your work in their games automatically.

I think it's a pretty fair trade-off.

My inspiration for re-installing comes from here:

Still the only Let's Play-er I can stand.

Really enjoying State of Decay. Open world Zombie survival, basically.

Downloaded the demo on XBL and found it well thought out but not well made - Frame rates are atrocious - but still took the plunge for the Steam early access version.

It's still in Beta but runs and looks tons better than the Xbox version.

Yeah, I saw that demo a couple of months ago and I've been eagerly awaiting more. They say they're a little under half done. Assuming it's reasonably priced that's definitely the kind of game I'd buy. Kind of game the missus might like, too, and ideal for the iPad.

Ahh Tatty yeah, I remember that one! Was sweetly done.

@Yods - Yeah I'm thinking my lady might like too. Hopefully gonna see what she thinks of Limbo soon as well, which I reckon we both might enjoy. (In a dark silhouette kinda way )

Finished here. It's been fun.
I'm loving GTA V, but I can't quite my finger on something. The exploration isn't quite as fun as it was during San Andreas and Vice City. Maybe it's nostalgia speaking but just an observation. Still a fantastic game, i'm like 24 hours in now and I've still got sooo much to do and see. Everyday I'm seeing a part of the map I haven't seen before.

I don't remember asking you a ******* thing!
I'm loving GTA V, but I can't quite my finger on something. The exploration isn't quite as fun as it was during San Andreas and Vice City. Maybe it's nostalgia speaking but just an observation. Still a fantastic game, i'm like 24 hours in now and I've still got sooo much to do and see. Everyday I'm seeing a part of the map I haven't seen before.

I think it is probably nostalgia. I think this map is much more varied and interesting than any of the previous GTA games. This map is HUGE, and it allows for so many things to be done. I'm just glad they improved upon GTA 4, which I believe to be the most overrated GTA game of all.

It's sooooooooooo pretty.

Now I'll play, shameless graphics ho that I am.

Got a 33% off coupon for Foul Play today on Steam, Lord knows why, but I'd been interested in it for a while. It's mega.

Recently finished: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and The Walking Dead. Looking forward to playing the latter again, though I think the whole choose-your-own-adventure thing is a bit overrated in this instance.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Just started Borderlands, which is pretty great so far. Also playing Call of Duty: MW3. Which is about what you'd expect from a Call Of Duty game.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/