The 100 favorite movies of Lines Palsy

→ in
Tools    

I've already given you reps for this but I must say it's one of the most intresting lists I've seen. I'm trying to get a hold of Drowning By Numbers

I've got others I've been wanting to add to this list for a while, and will eventually, but I've waited more than long enough to add no. 115:

King Kong (Peter Jackson, 2005)

There's a lot to love about this movie. The thing I want to pick out right now is how Jackson uses CGI not just to dramatically pose giant monsters in picturesque vistas but to give an odd, fairly unique degree of motion, scale and dimension to his cinematic world. Effects-wise, that's why this movie stands out from its predecessors (notably Spielberg's Jurassic Park films, which feel downright clumsy next to this) and contemporaries. King Kong also has a lot of dimension as a character in this version, but I have to admit my very favorite scene is where he beats up on three Allosaurus-like monsters. It's funny how degrees of character are set up in this movie. The Dinosaurs are roughly to the humans what the humans are to King Kong: vulgar, predacious buffoons.

It's really great, and I think I like it better than the original now. If I were to re-rank my list today, it'd probably be pretty high.