War of the Worlds Teaser Trailer

Tools    

dat did duck but the movie will b bitchen. Not even cruise footage

Lets put a smile on that block
I agree Jrs. Have you posted the trailer i the official War of the Worlds thread? I couldnt find it. I think the trailer is brilliant. The first attack of the Martians looks just as powerful as i wanted it to be, thats the moment when the whole of mankind really realise they are in some deep doodoo. Great stuff

Originally Posted by blibblobblib
I agree Jrs. Have you posted the trailer i the official War of the Worlds thread? I couldnt find it. I think the trailer is brilliant. The first attack of the Martians looks just as powerful as i wanted it to be, thats the moment when the whole of mankind really realise they are in some deep doodoo. Great stuff
Yes, right here.

Great blog Jrs. I'm actually studying part of Well's novel for my dissertation (i think you guys call it Thesis) and i'm really looking into literature released in the style of the Fin De Siecle. I like it how you mentioned the reason Well's novel has always and will always shock is how realistic it is. Very creepy stuff. I really hope the film can deliver

And this is my BOOMstick!
This is going to be very, very good.

Definately looking forward to this one. woohooo

Here's Johnny!
i can't wait.....so have you guys read the book?

I have, its one of my favourite books. Great to read, and still so creepy considering how the world that Well's described has changed so much. Perhaps i only find it creepy though becuase its set along the River Thames where i live so i can almost imagine looking out of my window and seeing one of the tripods destroying everything i know. Now the tripods....woah mumma they better be as horrid as they are in the book...

Here's Johnny!
hmmm very true with those tentacles plucking people up at random

and i find it creepy in the way Wells describes a deserted London and surrounding countryside, and that wailing at the end....

Here's Johnny!
hahaha true

but i still can't wait

I think this will be great, if done right- not that they show all the best bits in the trailer...

*takes a lookie at the trailer*

Uh oh. Spielberg's name's attached to it...

Still, looks promising, though.

Originally Posted by MovieMaker5087
Do you people not see the sarcasim in it all?
i did after I saw the trailer. good show old man. This movie looks really legit. I hope it's better than Independence day.

Randomly visiting for now
From the trailer it looks pretty awesome, I haven't read the book or anything but it seems to be interesting.

What I liked most was that the trailer made you want to see the moviel, but didn't give too much away concerning the main storyline; who are the aliens, how powerful are they and do the humans have a chance to fight back.

It seems like the classic mix of action and drama, perhaps similar to Independance Day but only in terms of that mix. I'm not saying it's a rip off or anything because I barely know anything about the movie or the book.

Jack-of-all-Trades
I bet alot of you dont know this, but a large part of the movie was filmed right near me in Newark. I am not sure if it was at the airport itself or the surrounding area, but for a while, they had alot of streets blocked off and it was all over the radio. Looks good. Cant wait to see it.