Best Tim Burton Film

Tools    

Lets put a smile on that block
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico
Did tim Burton think of Edward scissor Hands? becasue to me that was his best film and an extremeley origianal one at that
Yep he sure did. Burton is great at inventing strange and sorrowful characters. Any fans of Burton should buy his book, "The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy : and Other Stories. Its a collection of short illustarted stories about children with deformities and problems such as Edward that exclude them from the world. Its very very well writen and illustrated by burton himself with some wonderful drawings. I love it.

You can buy it HERE.

After reading this you can see its clearly the same part of his uber brain that his idea for The Corpse Bride arose, which i for one think looks awsome and im glad to see his still using stop motion animation instead of CG

Originally Posted by nebbit
Thanks, I liked that.
No probem nebbit my dear.

I want to get that book. I sat in an aisle at Borders one ay for about 20 minutes just flipping through it, it truly is great. And how 'bout that animation! Pretty damn fluid in some parts for stop-animation. I can't wait to see The Corpse Bride.

wow, i can't believe i never put my

top five list of Burton's films: [In order]

Ed Wood
Vincent
Edward Scissorhands
Big Fish
Batman

Originally Posted by Sinny McGuffins
Vincent? How could you rank that 2nd when it's only 6 minutes long (or short)?
Simple, i just do. It's still a film he directed, it's just a short film. I would've had Batman Returns or Sleepy Hollow on my list, but i liked Vincent alot.

i loved all of his movies but these are the best for me

I must become Caligari..!
Edward Scissorhands [1990] A++

Pee-wee's Big Adventure [1985] B-

Beetle Juice [1988] C

Batman [1989] A

Batman Returns [1992] A-

Ed Wood [1994] A-

Mars Attacks! [1996] D+

Sleepy Hollow [1999] C+

Planet Of The Apes [2001] D

Big Fish [2003] B

A great director when hes got the right project... Lets hope Charlie and the Chocolate Factory reaches its potential, Its his kinda film.
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice!!!!

Beetlejuice & Edward Scissorhands

Edward scissorhands
Sleepy hollow
Ed wood
Beetlejuice
Big fish

Originally Posted by Ezikiel
Okay, let me get this straight, your telling me it's automatically HIS film just because he created the characters and produced it? So I guess The Godfather is Mario Puzo's film because he created the characters? No it isn't, and neither is The Nightmare Before Christmas a Tim Burton film, it's a Henry Selick film.

No. You are very wrong. Tim Burton not only came up with the characters. He came up with the look, the story, and was the one to actually breathe life into the film. It is his film because it is completely his vision. He was there the entire time it was being made, and he was the one who said go on all decisions. I'm not saying the director had nothing to do with this film. I'm just saying Tim Burton had more to do with it. And, dude. Check out the title. "Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas". And, I'm just curious. What is it exactly that you didn't like about "Edward Scissorhands"?

Personally. And I've seen quite a few of his films. I think he is a phenominal director, creator. Whatever you want to call it. Have you seen some of his art? It's beautiful. Disjointed, and gothic, and dark, and elegant. He's SO talented, not just in movie-making. I love Ed Wood. And I LOVED Beetlejuice. And, well. I've always been a PeeWee Herman fan, so I also loved "PeeWee's Big Adventure".I haven't seen Batman, yet.
-sniff-.

I finally got to see Ed Wood. I bought it about four or so months ago from a grocery store that had it on VHS for 2 bucks. Freakin sweet deal and a freakin sweet movie.

I thought the Batman's were just OK, but I like everything Ive seen by him and think its all good entertainment.

Looking forward big time to Chocolate Factory and Corpse Bride.

I See You When You're Sleeping
Originally Posted by Garrett
Big Fish (2003) B-

Planet of the Apes (2001) F

Sleepy Hollow (1999) B

Mars Attacks! (1996) B+

Ed Wood (1994) A++

Batman Returns (1992) B

Edward Scissorhands (1990) C+

Batman (1989) A+

Beetle Juice (1988) B

Pee-wee's Big Adventure (1985) B-

and for good measure:

The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)A-
Apert from the Mars Attacks rating (it's a sure F) I'm going the same.

MARS ATTACKS! and ED WOOD

Corpse bride for me, his smoothest and most technical animation yet by far, its such a brilliant movie. Next is nightmare before christmas by a really close margin. I just got corpse bride on dvd so I can watch em both every night

Originally Posted by sixthson
MARS ATTACKS!
I saw this when i was in America many moons ago I didn't like it do you think I should give it another go?

P.S. Are you related to The much loved 7thson ... Hi

The guy's a freakin' wuss'.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.