Reading Tab

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Understanding Movies (Giannetti) - Not too far into it, but it is interesting so far....

Film Directing:Shot by Shot (Katz) - This one is a bit more interesting, and has been holding my attention more....

Movie Frequent Flyer
Ok I'm a legends geek

The Dark Elf Trilogy - Salvatore
The IceWind Dale Trilogy - Salvatore
Nightmare Academy - Peretti
Every Atwater-Rhodes book.

Finished The Voice In The Night by Dean Koontz about two weeks ago. Now I am reading parts of Plato: The Last Days of Socrates and parts of [don't hit me] Mein Kampf (Adolf Hitler's book). Also I have been flirting with another Dean Koontz novel..False Memories.

The Ark Sakura, by Kobo Abe - great ending, richly symbolic setting and situation, some perverse twists and the best chapter titles since Candide: "The Shill Disappears, and a Bottom Slapping Ritual Takes Place"

Acid Dreams: The Social History of LSD, The CIA and the Sixties. This book was full of startling revelations about the United States government and its monumental role in the LSD culture in the 60s. It also reveals a very dirty and secret side of the CIA and government but I won't ruin the fun for you and spoil it, go read it yourself!

Thirteen Days: A Memoir of the Cuban Missile Crisis. This was written by Robert F. Kennedy about his involvement in the discussions and decision making that took place during the explosive situation developing in Cuba because of the placement of Soviet missiles in Cuba. It was very interesting to read a first hand account on a subject that is so often glossed over in history classes. I highly recommend this one as well

I just know they're coming to kill me.
James M. Cain's roman noir classic, Double Indemnity and Steinbeck's classic Of Mice and Men.

Still reading those two film books above as well as the following trade paperbacks...

Superman : Secret Identity - Kurt Busiak, Stuart Immonen.

Sandman: Preludes and Nocturnes - Neil Gaiman, Sam Keith

I just know they're coming to kill me.
Originally Posted by Sedai
Still reading those two film books above as well as the following trade paperbacks...

Superman : Secret Identity - Kurt Busiak, Stuart Immonen.

Sandman: Preludes and Nocturnes - Neil Gaiman, Sam Keith
You're reading Double Indemnity?

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
Princess diaries 1,2,3,4--they're actually really good, im just like the main character with the exceptions of not living in new york, not being a princess and having bigger boobs

Rama II (Arthur C. Clarke) - Oh wow! Fantasmical sequel, I can't wait to read the rest of this series. I'm hoping for those for Christmas. Clarke once again proves his mastery of the science-fiction literature.

Currently reading Baudolino by Umberto Eco and it is funny as hell.

Originally Posted by projectMayhem
Rama II (Arthur C. Clarke) - Oh wow! Fantasmical sequel, I can't wait to read the rest of this series. I'm hoping for those for Christmas. Clarke once again proves his mastery of the science-fiction literature.

Currently reading Baudolino by Umberto Eco and it is funny as hell.
These books are fantastic. Have you been exposed to Prince Hal et and Falstaff yet? Rama II filled in some of the character dev that didn't appear in the much leaner first book. The next two books are great as well....

Cassavetes on Cassavetes by Ray Carney (ed.)
Camera Lucida by Roland Barthes
Anthropology - Reality - Cinema: The Films of Jean Rouch by Mick Eaton (ed.)
The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger

Been a long time since I posted in here.

"The Plot Against America" by Philip Roth
"The Dark Half" by Stephen King
"I Am Legend" by Richard Matheson
"Post Office" by Charles Bukowski

Originally Posted by Garrett
"I Am Legend" by Richard Matheson
One of my absolute favorite horror stories. What did you think?