Movie Tab

Tools    

Do you know my poetry?
Nosferatu, eine Symphonie des Grauens (d. F.W. Murnau - 1922)
The Birds (d. Alfred Hitchcock - 1963)
Moonstruck (d. Norman Jewison - 1987)

Memento - 3.5/5, despite some glaring plot holes it was fun, thing i liked most about it was how it could be funny when you least expected it

Hidalgo - I think it lacked something, not sure what but it was something. Or maybe it was that it was trying to hard to get the something it knew it didn't have - it makes sense when I say it to myself. I also got the feeling the Director could do some truely creative original things but held back for some reason. Maybe the Producer was tapping him on the shoulder and shaking his finger. Dang. I think the ending was good though.

Don't get me started about how westernized they made everyone. Dang.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

history *is* moralizing
Koma, HK 2004, real not bad... and good "who's the hunter who's the hunted scene"...

A system of cells interlinked
Blade (1998, Norrington)

Lost in La Mancha (2002, Fulton)

I am having a nervous breakdance
Sagolandet / Land of Dreams (d. Jan Troell, 1988)

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

history *is* moralizing
hei, Pidzilla! how was Saagolandet? i usually like Nordic movies a lot...
(i saw Troell's Hamsun one year ago in Oslo)

I am having a nervous breakdance
Sagolandet was okay. Like most Troell movies it's told at a slow pace and it's also over 3 hours long. It's a documentary and it's the only documentary by Troell I've seen, but it's unmistakably a Troell movie regarding style. It delivers criticism towards the Swedish Model in general and the modern society in particular (perhaps in a bit naive way). The american existential psychologist Rollo May almost functions as a narrator in the movie and it bugged me after a while. It is quite possible that May's books are really interesting to read, but it sounds like he's speaking like he's writing, if you know what I mean. He got too much time and space in the film. But it was ok, some parts were better than others though. Poetic social realism... or something.

Films by Jan Troell I recommend:

Här har du ditt liv / Here's Your Life (1967) (my favourite Troell)
Ole dole doff / Who Saw Him Die? (1968)
Utvandrarna / The Emigrants (1971)
Nybyggarna / The New Land (1972) ("The Emigrants Part II")
Il Capitano / Il Capitano: A Swedish Requiem (1991)

What did you think of Hamsun?

The Castle of Cagliostro (d. Hayao Miyazaki, 1979)

history *is* moralizing
Originally Posted by Piddzilla
What did you think of Hamsun?
thanx Pidz for yr interesting comments!
Hamsun was a bit slow-paced for my tastes, but interesting nevertheless. tis an interesting period of history anyway,
... and another thing is i concentrated on the language at least as much as on the movie itself

Mado, Sautet, France 1974. Romy Schneider really was a good actress.

Friday - Watched it cause I want a pair of the slippers Craig and D-Bo wear, they look extra nice. Anyways, I was kind of surprised by how good the lighting was. I've seen the movie atleast a million times [that's not an exaggeration] but the lighting was good. Ice Cube can write too, not just mean raps about cool cars and the west coast, but funny movies. Good stuff.

"I' steal from my momma' fo' I f*ck with yo' sh*t."

"You know this, man!"

"Man, I was high." - The best excuse for not doing something.

The Punisher what was that was it a pilot for a TV show.

And this is my BOOMstick!
Originally Posted by nebbit
The Punisher what was that was it a pilot for a TV show.
I'm sorry, but you have no taste. That's the best comic movie out so far.

Arresting your development
Originally Posted by Nitzer
I'm sorry, but you have no taste. That's the best comic movie out so far.
I'm comin' in on X2 with my opinion on that. Though Punisher was a good movie.