Movie Tab

Tools    

Originally Posted by Sedai
Any chance you might share some of your thoughts about the film?
I thought it was Cronenberg's best. It's definitely one of his most important or "key" films.

Meanwhile:

The Fly (d. David Cronenberg, 1986)
A Woman Under the Influence (d. John Cassavetes, 1974)

Big Fat Liar (d. Shawn Levy, 2002)
The Terminal (d. Steven Spielberg, 2004)

Predator - 3.5/5, if you turn off your critical thinking skills you can't help but like this movie

Good Will Hunting - Some sparks of genius followed by text book maneuvers as far as filmmaking goes. I liked it though.

Pollock - If you draw, paint, sculpt., or whatever this will make you want to try to do some abstract shiz'. As for the movie, I thought it was good times.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
The accused--- Wow jodie foster rules. The rape scene was horrible, well acted by Jodie Foster a very moving film especially the courtroom when she had to retell her experience.

A system of cells interlinked
Dawn of the Dead (Romero, 1978)

Death to Smoochy (d. Danny DeVito, 2002)
My Neighbor Totoro (d. Hayao Miyazaki, 1988)
Van Wilder (d. Walt Becker, 2002)

Do you know my poetry?
Italian for Beginners (d. Lone Scherfig - 2000)
Grosse Pointe Blank (d. George Armitage - 1997)
The Wild One (d. László Benedek - 1953)

The People's Republic of Clogher
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - wonderful

The Ladykillers 2004 - uh oh

Miller's Crossing - to re-affirm that the Coens are great filmakers

And this is my BOOMstick!
Harry Potter 3 - different I must say, but the best in the series.

As I was flicking through TV channels, I accidentally watched two Troy Miller films: Jack Frost (1998) and Dumb and Dumberer: When Harry Met Lloyd (2003). Didn't like Jack Frost at all. I also didn't like Dumb and Dumberer either, there were literally one or two funny bits. But the casting of Eric Christian Olsen as Lloyd was perfect.

I also watched American Wedding (2003). I found this funnier the 2nd time round, although I still didn't like it that much.

history *is* moralizing
Black Candles, Spain/UK 1982
Hackers, 1995
American Virgin, 1999, Mena Suvary is quite charming and funny when she feels like...
The Cell, 2000
What Dreams May Come, 1998, a bit too schmaltzy for my tastes, and why the hell (hehe) should suicides end up in Hell? cuz they "don't realize they're dead"... einh?

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
Bridget Jones' Diary ---- very very funny film and with an actress who actually does a pretty good english accent.

'Bridget Jones: wanton sex goddess with very bad man between her thighs....mum, hi'

'Where the ****** is the f.uc.king tuna, this is bridget jones for sit up Britain looking for the tuna.'

Originally Posted by undercoverlover
Bridget Jones' Diary ---- very very funny film and with an actress who actually does a pretty good english accent.
In my opinion, her accent is spot on. I didn't even realise she was American until I saw Me, Myself & Irene.

Metropolis (d. Fritz Lang, 1927) ["Restored Authorized Edition" & Commentary by film historian Enno Patalas]