Looking for Deep Thinkers to Interpret Being John Malkovich

→ in
Tools    

I want a whole analysis. Calling all with wisdom and knowledge.

Yeah, fair warning, we get inundated with a lot of requests that essentially are just "do my homework for me." No idea if that's what this is or not, but people tend to shrug off anything that feels like it could be, which is anything where people ask for analysis without being specific and/or jump starting the conversation themselves.

Sorry I wasn't trying to be rude and lazy, having other people do my homework. I've done the homework and research but I just thought I'd be interesting to see what other people have thought about the films.

It says under Movie Reviews: Just seen a movie? Tell us what you thought, or read other users' reviews.

So that's all this is really.... I just want to read others reviews.

Anyways, I realize that many people are very diverse and not everyone has seen the same movies as I have to respond right away leading to these threads being left unanswered and forgotten about but thought I'd try anyways.

Sorry I wasn't trying to be rude and lazy, having other people do my homework. I've done the homework and research but I just thought I'd be interesting to see what other people have thought about the films.

It says under Movie Reviews: Just seen a movie? Tell us what you thought, or read other users' reviews.

So that's all this is really.... I just want to read others reviews.
Why don't you tell us what you think the movie is all about, then I'm sure someone will chime in. In other words, you first

But but.... I already know what I think of it! haha... I'll wait for more replies. Right now I'm hungry and am going to get something to eat. Maybe after....

I would suggest using the search function (the little magnifying glass at the top) or look in the tagged reviews. You're not likely to get much of a response this way.

Also, I nominated it for the 7th Hall of Fame and there's some discussion about it in that thread.

Why don't you like that movie Joel?

I want to know:
WARNING: "Being John Malkovich" spoilers below

1. The meaning of the 7.5 floor?
2. What it meant when John, himself, went through the door?
3. What it meant in the end when Cusacks character says I love you Maxine? Like... how was he able to do that?
4. Do you believe that the movie somehow portrays this real world we're living in now? Where people can take over your body as a vessel and live forever from vessel to vessel? What do you think about the whole concept? Like, is it justifiable or just wrong?

You can probably dispense with spoilers, since the title implies them. Anyway:

1. Might just be funny/surreal. It's a pun about "overhead" that establishes the film's slanted reality via the fact that people pretty much accept it and walk around the office like it's a perfectly ordinary thing.

2. I don't know that it really "means" anything. But obviously, if you start with the premise that the door leads inside his mind, and he himself goes through it, he's literally turning inward, so it's intuitive that he'd end up living out some weird quasi-narcissistic fantasy. (And it's also just funny.)

3. I don't remember the specifics, but I believe it's established throughout the film that when you're inside someone else's mind, you have a degree of influence, so I would imagine he was able simply because there's a power struggle going on, and sometimes someone in his position can get a word or a phrase out.

Why don't you like that movie Joel?

I want to know:
WARNING: "Being John Malkovich" spoilers below

1. The meaning of the 7.5 floor?
2. What it meant when John, himself, went through the door?
3. What it meant in the end when Cusacks character says I love you Maxine? Like... how was he able to do that?
4. Do you believe that the movie somehow portrays this real world we're living in now? Where people can take over your body as a vessel and live forever from vessel to vessel? What do you think about the whole concept? Like, is it justifiable or just wrong?
All of that in your spoiler is a biblical reference.

John 7:5 and 'going through a door' which is a gateway, and love which is understanding, and belief...Just Google, John 7:5 and you'll have your answer.

Hm nice I love reading your thoughts. Almost as if I had opened a door to your own minds .