Mulder and Scully are Back!!! But For a Limited Time Only.

Tools    

The People's Republic of Clogher
I don't see a blu ray release improving much, especially for the TV stuff.

Unless they've unearthed some 35mm prints or something...

I don't see a blu ray release improving much, especially for the TV stuff.

Unless they've unearthed some 35mm prints or something...
With the effects that X-Files has, you'd be amazed what Blu-Ray can do. Besides, Blu-Ray fixes such minor details in things even TV looks better. Like HD in a television.

The People's Republic of Clogher
It's still filmed on video and as such, not worth my time on Blu Ray. A complete reconstruction like the recent Wire widescreen releases, maybe, but not this.

It's still filmed on video and as such
It was shot on Super 35, so theoretically they did capture enough information for a 16:9 image.However, the first 4 seasons were framed for 1.33:1. Even though all the special effects would have to be redone, regardless of aspect ratio. So basically it might be worth just keeping the DVDs. Although I'll just see what happens what the Blu-Ray release, if it does happen, entails.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Gillian Anderson is almost hotter now than 20 years ago.

I cannot wait! My wife and I watched this show religiously from start to finish. My wife is rather squeamish about shows like this, but for some reason (great writing, directing, acting) she watched this with me.

Looking at the cast list on IMDB (I know they're sometimes not on-point), it shows that Deep Throat (Jerry Hardin) is going to be in one episode, even though he was killed in the first season, supposedly. We haven't seen him alive since, but it can't be a flashback because that guy has to look way older now that he's, well, way older. Still, if Cigar Smoking Man can return after being fire-bombed in the very last TV episode, and if the Smoking Gunmen (listed as returning) can come back after their demise, why not Deep Throat? Heck, bring back Tooms, even after what happened to him. With all the conspiracy stuff that happened on the show, why not bring back all the great characters?

One question, does anyone know who the old man is that Mulder meets in the dark? The one with the glasses and the grey beard? The actor looks familiar but I can't imagine it being Deep Throat.

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
I am so excited for this jrs, I can't wait to hunker down with munchies and watch the **** out of this.